how to reject someone and vice versa?

Options
I've had to let someone know I wasn't into them romantically, AND got rejected myself all within 2 weeks. Can't say I handled either situation smoothly at all.

What about you guys?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,120 Member
    Options
    Not the type of situations anyone wants to get "good" at.

It's tough - both ways.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    I've had to let someone know I wasn't into them romantically, AND got rejected myself all within 2 weeks. Can't say I handled either situation smoothly at all.

What about you guys?
    What did you say?
  • one15ts
    Options

What about you guys?
    What did you say?

first one i just said i'm so sorry and that i wasn't interested, and second one i told her ok, i understand. now i avoid them both, bc it's just awkward.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    Wow you are pretty bold and not with a ton of emotion I think u handled it well!
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I respect people a lot more if they straight up tell me than if they do stupid stuff like try to avoid/ignore me. I try to give others the same courtesy.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i say,"im sorry, it was fun, i like you as a person..i just dont like you in that way. you'll find a great girl,im sorry if i'm hurting you.but,i can't "be" with you anymore."

and if someone doesnt want to be with me,just tell me. Don't waist my time and im not gunna force someone to be with me,if it doesnt work,it doesnt work. ya know?
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Always better to just be direct and clear about your feelings. I was very good friends with a guy for years, and when I put myself out there to him, twice, both times he said things that left me with a glimmer of hope that he might develop feelings for me.. That ended up not being the case, especially around the second time as he had started seeing someone.. It's now been about a year and a half since we've spoken.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Were you seeing them at the same time and you turned down one because you decided to go with the other who ended up turning you down instead?
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I have been rejected at least 3 times, but I didn't really make my interest known verbally for them to have a chance to reject me the proper way (whatever that is)...instead I got the clue from friends that they were interested in someone else or by them ignoring me... Of course I felt insulted.... but I was kinda relieved that I didn't have to hear them reject me in person.... :embarassed:

I can't really say that I have officially rejected anyone...they usually flirt with me first to see if I am interested before they ask me out ...so I guess my body language was enough to spare me from having to do this....
  • one15ts
    Options
    i wasn't dating either one. the first one, T, i met through a friend on facebook. we bumped into each other at school eventually and got to know each other more. the second one, C, is a classmate.
  • one15ts
    Options
    or by them ignoring me... Of course I felt insulted.... but I was kinda relieved that I didn't have to hear them reject me in person.... :embarassed:

i hope you don't rely on that, b/c i pay the least attention to the person i like. :laugh: damn shyness and nerves. :blushing:
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Lead them on, talk to them from time to time, hint at things, leave it in the air, then ignore his calls/text, and cut him dry.

Yup. That should do it.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    or by them ignoring me... Of course I felt insulted.... but I was kinda relieved that I didn't have to hear them reject me in person.... :embarassed:

i hope you don't rely on that, b/c i pay the least attention to the person i like. :laugh: damn shyness and nerves. :blushing:

hahah..I have done that before too..... so I don't always rely on that.....

I just realized.....I really have never been asked out before (in person) ...it was either via phone message, text, msn or through a friend..... :laugh: