The 30 Day Shred Shreded Me...OUCH!!!

Options
I couldn't go to the gym today because of that dang 30 Day Shred DVD, it hurt just to think about going. I did day 1, level 1 yesterday & it nearly killed me, I was almost in tears by the end, I'm embarrassed to say.:blushing: I think it was the lunges that did me dirty because my thighs are in such agony I can seriously barely walk. I go to the gym almost every day & work out hard, I really didn't think 20 minutes could cause me this much pain....did anyone else experience this after just starting this Dvd workout??? I fell pretty down on myself because Jillian Michaels kick my butt...and it hurts!!!! :sad:

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I couldn't go to the gym today because of that dang 30 Day Shred DVD, it hurt just to think about going. I did day 1, level 1 yesterday & it nearly killed me, I was almost in tears by the end, I'm embarrassed to say.:blushing: I think it was the lunges that did me dirty because my thighs are in such agony I can seriously barely walk. I go to the gym almost every day & work out hard, I really didn't think 20 minutes could cause me this much pain....did anyone else experience this after just starting this Dvd workout??? I fell pretty down on myself because Jillian Michaels kick my butt...and it hurts!!!! :sad:
    ++

Hey dont get down! thats a hard work out from what i heard. Your awesome for just doing it!
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be embarrassed; you should be proud!!!:drinker: You obviously worked really hard. Maybe a nice, hot bath and some stretches will help. Keep going. It will get better. Congratulations!!:wink:
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I did a few days of level 1 and felt that I was toning a lot, didn't see the scale move after a week of only doing it 3 times that week. So I gave up, but it did get me a little sore, not too much but I was more embarassed that I was out of breath with some simple workouts!
    There is a forum on here with a group of us starting 30 Day Shred on monday and we are going to stick it out for the full 30 days! This post is definitely making me scared I'm going to be sore for weeks! But I'm going to do it! Hope you don't get discouraged you did great just for doing it for the whole 20 minutes! It can only get better and easier right?
  • ActSingMom
    ActSingMom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try going tomorrow and, if possible, swimming. And drink A LOT of water.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    yup, soreness, really bad soreness had me too....for a good 3 days. stretch really good after wards, go for a walk might help, but keep with it. Shred It!!
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did a few days of level 1 and felt that I was toning a lot, didn't see the scale move after a week of only doing it 3 times that week. So I gave up, but it did get me a little sore, not too much but I was more embarassed that I was out of breath with some simple workouts!
    There is a forum on here with a group of us starting 30 Day Shred on monday and we are going to stick it out for the full 30 days! This post is definitely making me scared I'm going to be sore for weeks! But I'm going to do it! Hope you don't get discouraged you did great just for doing it for the whole 20 minutes! It can only get better and easier right?

Please don't be scared, maybe it was just me!! I do not want to discourage anyone, please don't think that.:embarassed: I just wanted to know if it happened to anyone else...
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    She still kicks my butt and I've been doing it for a while! It does get easier though! I still struggle with those darn pushups...I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do one. I actually did the dvd after about 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical one day and it seemed easier to do the video...I don't know why.
  • Chicki1975
    Options
    Just so you dont think you are alone... I couldnt walk right for almost 5 days. It did a number on me so much that I actually missed a day of work cause I couldnt move my legs. I started out doing it with 5lbs and decided (once healed) that maybe I should go down to a lower weight (I think those squats with holding 10lbs was what done me in). Anyhow, I have started it again, 2 nights in a row using the 3lb weights and really, its much better. I know what to expect from the video and I am enjoying it a lot more. Not saying it is seeming easy but I know I can make it to the end :)

Hang in there.. it does get a bit easier but it is meant to push us.... to get good results, you gotta put in the work.

Best of luck!!!
  • mbmomof4
    Options
    Just so you dont think you are alone... I couldnt walk right for almost 5 days. It did a number on me so much that I actually missed a day of work cause I couldnt move my legs. I started out doing it with 5lbs and decided (once healed) that maybe I should go down to a lower weight (I think those squats with holding 10lbs was what done me in). Anyhow, I have started it again, 2 nights in a row using the 3lb weights and really, its much better. I know what to expect from the video and I am enjoying it a lot more. Not saying it is seeming easy but I know I can make it to the end :)

Hang in there.. it does get a bit easier but it is meant to push us.... to get good results, you gotta put in the work.

Best of luck!!!

I used the 3 lb. weights & I'm still in pain. I'm sure I will try to do it again when I can move again!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    so I have to know. Did you feel sore the next day? Or did the soreness start on the day you did day one of the shred? I started today (this morning) with 3 lbs weights, I did at least 4 "5 second" rests...I was sweating up a storm...but I feel fine right now. I just did another 20 minutes on the treadmill...I guess I am wondering what I am in for in the morning???
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    She still kicks my butt and I've been doing it for a while! It does get easier though! I still struggle with those darn pushups...I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do one. I actually did the dvd after about 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical one day and it seemed easier to do the video...I don't know why.

because you were warmed up :o)

I have found the same about running, i suck at running, and struggle even with the C25k but if I go for a run after an hour zumba class i find it WAY easier.... weird eh.
  • mbmomof4
    Options
    so I have to know. Did you feel sore the next day? Or did the soreness start on the day you did day one of the shred? I started today (this morning) with 3 lbs weights, I did at least 4 "5 second" rests...I was sweating up a storm...but I feel fine right now. I just did another 20 minutes on the treadmill...I guess I am wondering what I am in for in the morning???

yesterday i did the 20 min dvd, then later in the day went to they gym & did 30 mins. on the arc trainer (which i do daily & then some usually). so i was good yesterday, it felt like rigormortis (spelling???) set in...lol. sorry to say it, but maybe its just me....but muscles are aching that i did not know i had.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    You're not alone - not by a long shot! When I started it in October - same thing. OMG - my thighs were screaming for days. I thought I was going to die to move from a sitting to standing position, and vice versa. I let myself heal and then eased back into it. (I realized I launched right into doing the full moves like Natalie, and should've followed Anita with the modifications a bit more).

I completed round one and was so proud! Did it again for about 9 days, took a break, and recently started again. The first several days, my legs were sore (more than I would've liked) - but still not nearly as bad as that first time through.

Hang in there - with pride!!!!! :)
  • callie365
    Options

I just started again, 3rd attempt, It does get easier about the 5th work out in. I find if I warm up 10-15 mins on the treadmill first before I start ...it helps. Its a hard work out, dont give up :smile:
  • mbmomof4
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input & encouragement!!! I took yesterday off but went to the gym today. I am still a little sore, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I did the arc for 30 mins & the elliptical for 15 mins. When I got home I did Day 2 of The Shred. It really was easier to do after working out, so I will continue to do that when I can. I am really happy I did it, I feel good!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    wtg to do day 2!!!

i was super sore for the first few days but you will be amazed at how much easier it gets each time you do it! I just did day 24 today!
  • mbmomof4
    Options
    wtg to do day 2!!!

i was super sore for the first few days but you will be amazed at how much easier it gets each time you do it! I just did day 24 today!

Wow, wtg to you...day 24!!! That's fantastic!!! At least I have proof of a survivor...lol!!!!:laugh:
  • Honey7o2
    Options
    That's what happened to me my first time too. I was down for about a week. Could barely stand up or sit down because my thighs were in so much pain.
    The next time I tried I didn't push myself as hard. I still worked up a really good sweat and breathin hard. The next day the only thing that was sore was my calves and it was completely tollerable. You kind of gotta ease yourself into it.