Why would a gym NOT have scales?

Options
heagler870
heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
Maybe I am just stupid? I just joined Planet Fitness because they had an amazing deal going on for their grand opening in my town. I've been working out the past week and been scouting out for scales. The last gym I was a member of the scales were in the bathroom. Anyway, I noticed there are not any scales in planet fitness so I went and asked someone and she told me that no Planet Fitness anywhere has scales, that it was just something they do. I didn't press to ask why, I just said "That's interesting" and went on about my business. Anyone have any reason why a gym wouldn't have scales? I mean, I know some people may obsessively weigh themselves but some people really would like to monitor their gains or losses.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is special. They have all kinds of off-beat things they do. Like your crazy drunk aunt who grabs you and kisses you on the mouth. Yeah, like that.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is special. They have all kinds of off-beat things they do. Like your crazy drunk aunt who grabs you and kisses you on the mouth. Yeah, like that.

I take it something like that happened?? Eek!

I have no complaints thus far about PF. I enjoy working out there but I just found it odd they didn't have scales.