Will I ever get rid of the baby pooch???

running_mom
running_mom Posts: 204 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have lost 30 lbs and kept it off. My clothes are actually baggy. But no matter what I do I can't loose this pooch! Besides seeing my kids this weight is proof I've had them! Does anyone know of any moves that target that area? I do cardio for about an hour 4-6 times a week. Plus, I do weights. I am joining a cycling class that starts in March. Any suggestions?

Replies

• meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    I just had a baby this past April, and I had the same question. I do pilates and it has helped SO much, and alot of the pilates moves targets the lower abdominal area...hope this helps :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    It depends on what caused the pooch. If it's fat, keep losing and it will go away. But, if you have muscle separation from having kids like I do, it will always be there unless you have plastic surgery to sew the muscles back together. I've got 17% body fat and a BMI of 22, but that's not going to make my muscles go back together so that the skin between my breasts and belly button doesn't form a flap. :Shrug:
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    I'm pretty sure it's fat. I pretty much have that spare tire thing going on. It's like I loose weight everywhere but there! And I was going to try a pilates class but it wouldn't work with my schedule. But I'll keep it in mind. Thanks : )
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Very good question! I want to lose mine too eventually. I'm going to try diet and exercise first since I'm starting out. I remember my doctor telling me that my muscles separated and I could actually see the separation. I hope exercise does some good in that area but I'm not against surgery if that's what I still want when I've reached and and maintained a weight I'm happy with.
  • I have the c section pooch. I would love to do pilates, but I also have a lot of back pain, and some of the moves aggivate it. any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.