Need expert help on heat!

Options
So the last three times I've tried to work out I went from fine to overheated and nearly puking in about five minutes!!

I worked out regularly in the past- except its been light to nothing over the winter because I had bronchitis (I have asthma). I've been healthy for weeks so I've started to try and work out again. I wasn't even in a hot environment this time. I was ice skating outside, in warm but light breathable clothing.

I'm working out and all of a sudden I just feel like I stepped into a sauna and need to run to a bathroom stripping off clothing as I go.

I eat well and balanced most of the time - is there some nutrient I'm overlooking? Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Does your doctor have you on any new medications? Some blood pressure meds and others (I don't know much about asthma meds) will cause you to overheat quickly.

Hormones could also be to blame.

Or maybe it's something else entirely, I'm not a medical professional. Maybe see your doctor if it is that noticable. Good luck.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    No new meds but thanks for the suggestions. I guess I am majorly stressed out lately so maybe it is hormones. I don't eat dairy anymore if that matters at all.

Its not an emergency or anything I know how to get my body back to cool - I'm just frustrated that I can't seem to exercise. I hate taking off work to go see my doc but maybe I'll have to.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    about three years ago I started getting hot flashes when I exercised. This past summer I had my ovaries removed and now I have bad hot flashes all the time - especially when I work out. You can ask your doctor about it. My doctor tested me (at the time) to find out if I was in peri menopause but I wasn't - just "luck" ha ha!

My doctor suggested it was caused by my weight and would improve as I lost weight. Hopefully the same will be true for my current hot flashes.
  • olivianjohnsmom
    olivianjohnsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    have your thyroid checked and blood sugar. If you have not had bloodwork done in the last year I would ask to have a full work up done. also when i have to take pregnazone (spelling?) for my asthma when it gets really bad it does wierd stuff to my body. good luck and keep working out.....sweat off that water weight :-)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have asthma, and had a bout of bronchitis this winter, and it took a long, long time for me to be able to get through a full workout again.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well maybe it is taking my inhaler again or something because I'm working out. It just seems weird. I just had my physical in January complete with blood-work and everything is right where it should be. Maybe my body enjoyed sitting on the couch? LOL