Crazy victory of the moment...

Options
pixietoes
pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
It is finally getting cold here in Georgia and I have been wearing some of my fleece pajama pants more often. It has been almost comical because unless they have ribbon tied waist they are not the least bit likely to stay up. I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon altering pajama pants. LOL

Some of them required taking as much as 4" out of each leg!

I'm not at my goal yet, so I'll be darned if I'm going to go buy a whole bunch of pajamas I don't expect will fit me NEXT winter. This kind of altering is easy because it just means figuring out the amount to be taken in and re-sewing the outer seams in each pair. Some required redoing the waistband too. If I had a serger it would have been even faster.

Given that I'm about to go through radiation therapy it seems highly possible that I might be wearing more pajama pants during the day this winter.... I'm glad that with everything else going on I'm not going to be wondering if my pants will stay up! Woohoo!

Replies

• jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hurrah for good sewing skills. And of course for the need for them.

Hope the therapy goes well.
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You may have to consider getting suspenders to keep them up. Some of my jeans are getting loose enough the I'm thinking of doing that. Best of luck to you, new friend. I'll keep saying prayers for successful treatment.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    First, great NSV! Congratulations on all the inches lost.

Second, I'm dealing with similar issues. After resisting for some time, I finally bought a new pair of jeans. I don't know if I'll have to buy another because I don't know what my final waist size will be. These are interesting problems to have!
  • pixietoes
    Options
    Yes, I finally went and bought a pair of jeans yesterday. I don't wear them much but when I do it would be nice to have a pair that aren't bunched at the waist by a belt. LOL

I thought it was a big deal when I went from plus sizes to regular sizes I'm pretty excited that I'm now wearing a size 14 jeans. I'm hoping to be a 10 when I'm done. Pretty exciting stuff.
  • 4everchanged101
    4everchanged101 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    awesome job
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well done you - and well done for using your skills to overcome the problem. I too am a sewer and alter clothes to fit if I have to, or even make my own clothes.

Currently, I have a total ban on buying ANY new clothes because I have a closet full of clothes that used to fit me in the next 2 sizes down and I know I can get into them again (and they are still in good condition, so why throw them out, as they are "classic" clothes that don't go out of fashion). Only when I have exhausted those am I going to allow myself to buy any more, so eat your heart out my usual clothes suppliers, there aren't going to be any sales to me over the next year or so.

I think I will save the money instead and treat myself when I need to buy new.
  • pixietoes
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss and your sewing talents!

I have managed to buy some thing, I didn't have a winter coat that fit me. I went to the local Goodwill store and bought both a wool coat and a suede jacket for a total of $15, I also picked up a couple of sweaters for another $10. The coats will go to the dry cleaner tomorrow which will probably cost me another $15, LOL. I'm lucky that the Goodwill is in a lovely Atlanta suburb and everything I picked up at labels from places like Jones New York, The Gap and Ralph Lauren. It's hard to want to get back to shopping at Macy's, LOL
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I just did this only with t-shirts. I had a bunch of XL men's shirts (pre-weightloss) that I loved and I altered the outer seam and reshaped the sleeves before reattaching them. Now I have a bunch of women's style shirts that don't look like tents anymore. I think that alone made me look like I've really lost weight. :)

Yay for sewing skills! Bet your newly altered PJ's look amazing.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Yes, I finally went and bought a pair of jeans yesterday. I don't wear them much but when I do it would be nice to have a pair that aren't bunched at the waist by a belt. LOL

I thought it was a big deal when I went from plus sizes to regular sizes I'm pretty excited that I'm now wearing a size 14 jeans. I'm hoping to be a 10 when I'm done. Pretty exciting stuff.

Totally this! I just bought new jeans because I decided wearing two sizes too large just wasn't working for me. I had a ton of bunching from my belt and it looked awful. Ever since I can't stop looking at my legs. I didn't even realize they looked that good since they were always covered up in huge pants.

Congrats on your weightloss and successes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!