Sweating

Options
It's so weird. I did a mile on the treadmil today and was really hot and flushed and felt a little moist on the back of my neck but I DONT SWEAT, EVER. I get boob sweat (gross) and thats it. With how hard I work and how much I push myself I should sweat, I dont get it. Any info on this??? Anyone else have this problem? I just want to get a really good sweat going to know that i'm working hard and it just doesn't happened!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't get that intense sweat either, and you may never. That doesn't mean you're not working out hard though- it just means you don't sweat that much. :tongue:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    When you look back in a year's time, will you be saying, "I'm so glad I stuck it out!" or "Why did I waste another year?"

Hi BrendaLee, I really like this quote! I'm going to paste this to my fridge and at my office desk. Thanks for it! :flowerforyou:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Maybe you aren't getting enough water?
  • ideretic
    Options
    I think you are just one of those lucky people who don't sweat a lot and that's it :)! I, on the other hand, sweat way too much! No matter how hard or not hard I'm working out, but at the end of my workout I can drain sweat from my t-shirt and that's gross :P! so just be happy you have no problems like that! the important thing is when you feel your heart beat going up or if you are out of breath and then you can know how hard you are working!
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    try wearing a long sleeve tshirt or sweatshirt when running. water moves by Osmosis... so if you are in a very dry environment the sweat will evaporate from your skin into the air very quickly... if you put long sleeves on, it will have nowhere to go and you should feel that sweat.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It's so weird. I did a mile on the treadmil today and was really hot and flushed and felt a little moist on the back of my neck but I DONT SWEAT, EVER. I get boob sweat (gross) and thats it. With how hard I work and how much I push myself I should sweat, I dont get it. Any info on this??? Anyone else have this problem? I just want to get a really good sweat going to know that i'm working hard and it just doesn't happened!

My wife has the exact same issues while working out and I always thought that she wasn't working out hard enough and getting her heart rate up.

I like the idea of wearing a long sleave top and maybe even sweat pants to see what that will do.

Good Luck.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that at the end of my spinning class, some people (especially the guys) will literally have a pool of liquid around them on the floor because they are sweating so much. Others, like me, rarely sweat very much visibly. We are all working really hard so I think it must be individual differences.
  • birgithooker
    Options
    I am the same way. I can do an intense workout for 40 minutes to an hour on the treadmill and not break a single sweat. I was the same in high school and I ran track and field. I would run my miles and everyone else would be drenched and I was dry. My husband does the same workout as me and looks like he worked out in a heat wave. I will be breathing normal and not a drop of sweat. I should ask my doctor about it at my next physical but I just accepted it as a normal part of me.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I get boob sweat (gross) and thats it.

I sweat mostly around my face. Apparently people just sweat more in different places. If it really bothers you, try asking a Naturopathic doctor about it, because that's the only person who ever asked me where I sweat the most.
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I only sweat on my low back and in the middle of the chest unless i'm in the sauna where it takes me about 20 min then from there on out i'm sweating like mad other than my face i have yet to see my face sweat ever.. :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat a lot either. My BF gives me *kitten* cuz he says I'm not working out hard enough but.....no matter how hard I work I'm not dripping like he is. My face gets wet and of course I get the SWOOBS (sweaty boobs) but that's about it. We're just lucky I guess.
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I found that sweating is something you get better at with practice. I never used to sweat too much but now i do - i guess like everything your body gets more effecient at temperature control and learns to sweat when needed
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You should also know that how much you sweat is totally unrelated to how many calories you are burning. It is solely a funciton of how your body works at keeping temperature regulated. As long as you are not overheating, which would indicate a problem with how you regulate temperature, just go with the flow (or lack thereof!) and count your blessings!

In fact, by not excessively sweating you are dehydrating less, so you are at an advantage.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Like someone else posted, I was thinking your water in take may be a factor. I noticed that on days when I get more than 64oz of water in I sweat way more. On the days I do not drink as much, I just get boob sweat... LOL
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Since I've started sweating more (working out), I find the I sweat less when doing things in the summer, which is pretty cool (literally). I used to be so hot during the summers, but now I can even stand to wear my hair down in July and August!