A whole new "me"

Options
When I first Started this site in April 2012, I never thought that I would actually make it work..

I started at 228 lbs ( this is the last weight I remember seeing). put my butt in a size 18 pant because I refused to buy a 20.

I am proud to say today, that I am at 192.2 and still going strong.. A size 14 jean fits loosly with no muffin top hanging over. :)

This site has been a huge help. Having the support of people that I dont know but are going through the same challenge as me helps keep me going. I have developed several friendships on here that are turning to be some of my close friends outside of this site.

I have lost over 7 inches off my legs.
2 inches off my bust along with 3 cup sizes (couldnt be happier)
6 inches off my waist
4 inches off my hips.
3 inches off my arms
1 inch off my neck

I have more self confidience, energy and feel 1000% better on a daily basis.. Keeping up with my kids is a lot easier these days. I actually like going to the Gym now. Before you couldnt catch me near it.

I went shopping with my mom a few weeks ago and was no longer in the plus size section. talk about a confidence booster.. I still have along way to go but right now, I feel like I am on top of the world.

My eating has not been the best. I know this and my goal next year is to make that better. I know what I need to do. I need to just finally do it... Prepping my meals a few days in advance and packing it the night before is going to be the best tool for this.

A big thing for me was "mini" goals. Looking at the bigger picture always made it feel so far away. I started with a 5 lb loss goal and hit it... then came the next 5 pounds and now, I am looking at hitting almost 40 lbs lost.. I set up my profile to help me WANT to come back to this site. Checking off the next mini goal was something I looked forward to.. Plus it gave me real results of how fast I was losing since I like to weigh in daily. Keeps me on track.

I can see that a I lose almost 5 lbs a month.. Some months have been less thats cause I made mistakes but learning from them is the most important.. I want to do this right and only have to do it 1 time.. Slow and steady is not the easiest, but its the best and will keep me fit when i Finally reach my goal.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE...

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
    :smile:
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You're starting weight was about the weight I started out too. This is great motivation and inspiration for for me :happy: Thanks for sharing.
    I had lost about 30 pounds and I guess I didnt realize how good it felt untill I gained it all back :cry: But now that I have been back on track, I think clearer and my body feels stronger. My face is even clearer :)
    So thanks so much for sharing this! And mini goals are sooo important to keep yourself motivated :drinker:
    Have a Merry Christmas!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!