How do you reward yourself?

Options
I'm looking for a way to track progress and reward myself slowly for the things I'm doing. What do you guys do to reward yourself? Do you buy stuff for yourself, do activities...? I'd love to hear it!

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with buying things that I have choosen not to get until goals are met. Makes getting there that much sweeter.

Although I did get something to push me towards my goal the other day, I got a navel piercing, the thought behind it is that if I want it to look good, I need to look good. And yup, so far I have what feels like double the movtivation to get there haha.

What do you do to reward yourself?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Just moving with a new light step is a reward I enjoy every minute. And climbing stairs with ease. And polishing my toenails without a belly in the way. And wearing the skinny jeans and black pencil skirt that have been tucked in the back of my closet. All good.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with buying things that I have choosen not to get until goals are met. Makes getting there that much sweeter.

Although I did get something to push me towards my goal the other day, I got a navel piercing, the thought behind it is that if I want it to look good, I need to look good. And yup, so far I have what feels like double the movtivation to get there haha.

Best reward ever!!!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    OOh those all sound like good things!!

Right now my reward system is a little complicated...I gain or lose a dollar every day for four different tasks, and can get bonus dollars for extra. I.E., if I walk for 30minutes, I get a dollar. If I don't, I lose a dollar. Same for logging calories (regardless of the #), doing yoga or lifting weights, and weighing myself (I'll slack if I don't). I can get extra for walking more or eating at my goal cals.

So far I have ten dollars...I'm trying to decide what to do with the money! I'm thinking some naughty purchases to share with my sweetie...;)
  • lindsdoyle
    lindsdoyle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "Just moving with a new light step is a reward I enjoy every minute. And climbing stairs with ease. And polishing my toenails without a belly in the way. And wearing the skinny jeans and black pencil skirt that have been tucked in the back of my closet. All good. "

SherryTeach - this is very inspirational and what rewarding yourself for a choosing healthy lifestyle should be! :)
  • beachpoodles
    beachpoodles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I do nothing OR I reward with food....not the greatest goal as I think about it.

Love the ideas of money and purchasing something great once reaching goals.
  • amrmatt
    Options
    I'm just getting started with all this. But my wife and I are both doing it. Here's the reward system. When small goals are met, we get date night. Whether it be shopping ,dinner, dancing ect. Then if she gets there first she will encourage me to get there so we can go out.
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love rewarding myself with new workout clothes or fitness equipment. Makes me happy AND keeps me motivated to do more :)
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started with all this. But my wife and I are both doing it. Here's the reward system. When small goals are met, we get date night. Whether it be shopping ,dinner, dancing ect. Then if she gets there first she will encourage me to get there so we can go out.

Haha so what happens when large goals are met?
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options

This! Love it :)
  • amrmatt
    Options
    Maybe a weekend away? I haven't planed this far.i do know my kids want to go to Six Flags. Maybe a family weekend when I fit in the rides
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Sleep late...on occasion.
  • Marina_Love
    Options
    I workout so I can eat more yummies!
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Scotch works well... Low calorie... Low carb. Tastes great!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    As a short term reward I am going to load up at a thrift store sometime in the very near future.

But day to day, I really reward myself by imaging my life without major lower back pain because I'm going to lose the rest of this belly I'm carting around.

Sometimes I imagine wearing size 5s and 6s again and feeling more confident out in public because of it.

Very long-term I imagine getting started on the other things I need to do to make my life better, like moving away from here to somewhere I can breathe year round without having a snot faucet and gunky lungs.

I even imagine finding meaningful and lucrative work that I will be healthy and confident and happy enough to carry out.

Every once in a long while I go completely crazy and imagine that I might actually be in a serious romantic relationship again someday, although I'm not sure anymore that I want that.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by being thin.

It's pretty awesome.
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    just lately i have been buying myself clothes, which is a bit of a reward but also necessary because i have had to throw so much out or give it away to charity. This past few months i have really dropped some sizes, and way more than i thought, so as soon as i get something its baggy very soon.

I find it hard to reward myself. I dont know why, but I am no stranger to buying myself girlie crap anyway lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

It's pretty awesome.

Winner of this thread! :happy:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't reward myself. I do buy things that I enjoy that at the moment are fitness or food related however. My Christmas present to myself was an Oly bar, a lifting belt and some ridiculously expensive ice-cream
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

It's pretty awesome.

^^yep