FED EX just left

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
Well, Subway just finished delivering our compensation.
My son got a $25 gift cert a bit ago and my daughter and I just got ours.
She got $25 and I got $50 gift cert. along with 3 letters of apology.
The letters say-
They are sorry for the treatment we received.....
They have contacted and resolved the situation with the stores owner.....
They know that the gift certificates don't make up for what happened, but they want us to know that they care and that they value all their customers....

That's it.

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    Well, Subway just finished delivering our compensation.
    My son got a $25 gift cert a bit ago and my daughter and I just got ours.
    She got $25 and I got $50 gift cert. along with 3 letters of apology.
    The letters say-
    They are sorry for the treatment we received.....
    They have contacted and resolved the situation with the stores owner.....
    They know that the gift certificates don't make up for what happened, but they want us to know that they care and that they value all their customers....

That's it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    That's better than nothing, I suppose.

Did you send the FedEx guy away with your "contribution"? :laugh:

~Cheryl
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    They sure don't make up for it, do they. I'm still shocked about what they did to you. When they resolved the situation with the owners, did they make the owners send you a written apology? Not that it would mean much, but would cause them to rethink their actions.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    They sure don't make up for it, do they. I'm still shocked about what they did to you. When they resolved the situation with the owners, did they make the owners send you a written apology? Not that it would mean much, but would cause them to rethink their actions.

I think the gift certificates makes up for what happened. What more can the corporate office do? Give the kid who was insulted free college and a car for graduation? That's extreme but $100.00 in free Subway and three letters of apology are damn good compensation for an insult. Most companies give you one letter of apology at the most and a small token of gratitude for your patronage.

Now you can get all the fit meals you can eat. $100.00 goes a long way at Subway.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

I think the gift certificates makes up for what happened. What more can the corporate office do? Give the kid who was insulted free college and a car for graduation? That's extreme but $100.00 in free Subway is damn good for an insult. Most companies give you a letter of apology at the most and a small compensation.

Now you can get all the fit meals you can eat.

No money in the world is worth what they put her and her kids through. The owners should have written her an apology. Of all the shoplifters I catch, I make them write an apology to the store owner. To them, that is way worse than the fines they will have to pay. (so they have told me) Not comparing these knuckleheads to shoplifters, but....it is the point of the matter. Are you satisfied with the giftcards icandoit? If so, then enough said. I'm just upset for the embarrassment, anger and pain they have put her and her kids through.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    man! hugs girl! I think when it comes to our kids, you're right...no money is worth any people being rude...believe me I've dealt w/ some doosies! sigh

hugs!!!!
    Ali
  • Helawat
    Options
    Maybe I'm materialistic but I think money can compensate for emotional distress or maybe I'm just too laid back to imagine coping from emotional distress from a Subway worker who barely qualifies for a high school diploma. Then you use the situation to show the children what it looks like to be uneducated and move on.

I'd be happy knowing that *kitten* caused me to receive $100.00 in free food and he/she put her $7.00 per hour job on the line.
  • icandoit
    Options
    That's better than nothing, I suppose.

Did you send the FedEx guy away with your "contribution"? :laugh:

~Cheryl

he needed a work order Cheryl. :laugh:
    Sorry:tongue:
  • icandoit
    Options
    I am pretty happy with the outcome. They gave us $100 out of Corp office, not from the store that did this. I know it seems like it's not enough to some. but I know that corp will do what they need to do. The letter was over a page long and very apologetic. I truly believe they meant every word of it. I just won't go the that Sub way again.
    Thanks for all the support all.
    Renee
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    icandoit...weren't these people that put you through this the OWNERS not people just working there making $7.00 an hour. It's different if it were some 17 year old employee. Maybe I read the first post wrong. I'm glad it is through with for you.:smile: Have a samich for me!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Could you possibly provide a link to the first post? I missed that one and now I'm curious and I want to know what happened . . .
  • Helawat
    Options