Reducing the appearance of cellulite

Options
I know now I have it, cellulite is something I will never totally rid myself of (Sadly T.T)

But does anyone have any tips that don't involve surgery, lotions or potions to help lessen it a little? My main problem area is my butt... Now I am not talking a little cellulite here, I am talking cottage cheese bad! A little on my thighs I can live with, but I really need help on the butt.

If I keep exercising, drinking lots of water etc will that help eventually? I got sick for a while and avoided exercise and the cellulite seems to have bred over night (or a few weeks ;) Currently doing Tae Bo and Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones, if I keep this up will it help at all? Also through weight loss and toning will it lessen? Or will it just remain the same?

Are there any types of foods that can help? (maybe a dumb question, just wondering with foods with things like antioxidants etc) Any specific cardio I should be doing for the blubber butt? Any specific strength training?

I know I make a joke about it but it's kind of getting me down, my abs and arms are coming along great, thighs are starting to tone but I can't see anything positive about my bum since all I see is severe cellulite. I know it's something I will always have, just hoping to find a way to help lessen it's unwelcome appearance. Any advice would be welcomed.

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, lowering your body fat can reduce it, quite drastically in some cases, but it will never go away completely. Ultimately It's due to genetics, not just the abundance or lack of fat.

Learn to love your bum, dimples and all! :drinker:
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    As far as I know, lowering your body fat can reduce it, quite drastically in some cases, but it will never go away completely. Ultimately It's due to genetics, not just the abundance or lack of fat.

Learn to love your bum, dimples and all! :drinker:

I accept I will have dimples there all my life, just hard to love it right now ha ha. I'll get there though. Thanks for the advice =)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,995 Member
    Options
    OP, since you are already at a very low weight, why not try some heavy weight lifting? Those improved muscles tend to smooth out the cellulite.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Many people on this site will swear by weight lifting.

I've seen a great reduction in my cellulite from running alone. Lifting is my next step.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Thank you both for the advice, I'll try to start bringing weight lifting into my routine. Would it be good to do things like dead lifts and squats with them?
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Deep tissue massage in that area, if you can find a lady masseuse you are comfortable with. It gets the circulation into those clogged tissues and breaks up congestion.
    Yes, yes yes on the deadlifts! Start low and slow on those to make sure your form is good and low back doesn't get hurt.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Deep tissue massage in that area, if you can find a lady masseuse you are comfortable with. It gets the circulation into those clogged tissues and breaks up congestion.
    Yes, yes yes on the deadlifts! Start low and slow on those to make sure your form is good and low back doesn't get hurt.

Thanks for the advice and confirming I should be doing those evil deadlifts ha ha. Not sure if I have confidence to go to a masseuse just yet since I'm really shy about that area but I'll try and build up the courage sometime.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    pants
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    not sure why you don't want to use lotion....but I got some cheap walmart brand of bye bye cellulite and it helps soften the appearance.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    not sure why you don't want to use lotion....but I got some cheap walmart brand of bye bye cellulite and it helps soften the appearance.

Just tried a few in the past and they never really worked for me =/
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I was skeptical of lotions that's why I went with cheap first -- not sure what it does...but it does make it less visible.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I was skeptical of lotions that's why I went with cheap first -- not sure what it does...but it does make it less visible.

I might have a look and try again, just don't want to waste my money like last time =(
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Sadly, cellulite will not go.

This is why the lotion/potion industry is full of stuff ` rub it/dab it

Just be the best person your can be. Accept your dimples :smile:
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    pants

OMFG LMFAO
  • Lyssa62
    Options

I might have a look and try again, just don't want to waste my money like last time =(

I have a bit to work on around my outer thigh..not as bad as it could be at my age...but still some there. I do lifting and side leg lifts trying to work it off..but I'm sure some of it is there to stay. I don't know what the lotion does to smooth it out but I dab that on...rub it in and hurry up and pull leggin's or whatever on and it makes me think I have less :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Biking, weight lifting, fat loss and fake tanning lotions. Other than that, clothes, I guess. :(
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    pants

Yep. That is what I use. It works like a charm!!
  • Squat, lunge, deadlifts, stiff-legged deadlifts, more lunges, more squats...as heavy as you can...

Eat cleaner, drink lots of water...

even if the little bast*rds don't go completely away, I would bet my left glute on the fact that you can have an *kitten* you'll love to spank if you stick with it for a solid year...

(hehehe...sorry about that last part...feeling a bit extra-spunky today) :bigsmile:
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I read something about apples help with it. something about the collagen refilling or something. I eat at least 2 a day (mainly a snack at work) and with exercise, squats and lunges, lots of squats and lunges * mine is really going away. even if the apple bit isn't true, still a nice healthy treat. good luck
  • pants

I can only assume you're being funny, because otherwise this is a HUUUUUUUGGGGEEE copout. :ohwell: