Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30?

Options
Hi everyone! Has anyone tried Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 workout DVD? If so, what kind of progress have you seen? How would you rate the workout overall? Approximately how many calories do you burn? Thanks! :)

Replies

• jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just started it on Saturday and just completed day three. I actually took a "before" picture. It is always different seeing yourself in a picture. I would love to go along with someone else to keep me motivated. I like it. I also have 30 day shred that I never completed. My goal is to complete both of these. Here's hoping.
  • Raberry
    Raberry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and started the 1st workout today (1/1/2013). It's toough, but I am hoping to get thru the 30 days and see good results.
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love this DVD.
    I got so much stronger and everything got a great workout in each disc!
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started today and WOW its a great workout so much variety in a short amount of time. I would recommend light weights to begin with.

Certainly worth it! I've not done a before photo and don't think I will but I'll do an after.

Let me know if you fancy starting a group for this we can go through it together.

Laura xo

{ www.laura-k.co.uk }
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Well, how much you burn is an individual thing. My HRM tells me I burn about 400 calories doing this video. It is a good workout for sure.
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well, how much you burn is an individual thing. My HRM tells me I burn about 400 calories doing this video. It is a good workout for sure.

I'm not surprised 400 calories burned I felt like so workout sick but as Jillian says in the biggest loser just be sick and carry on. I would suggest a good protein shake after I felt so much much better to get the calories, protein and carbs back in in my body after.

Also I paused the video before stretching just to march on the spot/walk around to get my heart rate down as it was so high which made me feel sick. Once my HR was lowered I followed with the stretching.

Laura xo

My Blog Site >> www.laura-k.co.uk
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian's workouts! Ripped in 30 is a bit more challenging that 30 day shred. I did it awhile back and you will get good results if you actually stick with it! Keep going! You can do it!! :)
  • rgarcia10310
    Options
    I started yesterday as well. I am lifiting 10 lbs. I am also using a HRM, and it said yesterday I burned 504 calories. Hope that helps?? I am hoping this DVD helps tone me. I just completed my second round of insanity and before I go to the Asylum I needed something a little more "lighter".
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday 1/1 and really liked it. I just finished 30DS and wanted to try this next. It's only been 1 day, but I really enjoyed it.
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I got Ripped in 30, Killer Buns and Thighs, and 6 week 6 pack for Christmas. I've done the 30 Day Shred to death and am bored of it, so I'm super excited to try these out. I plan on doing Ripped in 30 back to back and incorporating the other DVDs into a weekly rotation of sorts. Not looking to lose weight, but definitely to firm up!
  • Raberry
    Raberry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What kind of HRM are you using? I need to invest in one and don't know which ones are good.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love this DVD but it bothers my knees quite a bit. I did get good results from it though.
  • ampongdk
    Options
    Ok so i just started the dvd, i need to be movitated lol. All ia cna say is ouch, this is no joke.
  • nkotbkickinass
    nkotbkickinass Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I Sky+ Level 1 of Ripped in 30 months ago and loved it. Have finally sorted out a new eating/workout regime and have the DVD and am currently on Day 3. Love these workouts and feel better already, just hope it shows on the scales and on the tape measure!
  • Qlow
    Qlow Posts: 92
    Options
    We have a group for it, for all the Jillian M's workouts. We started the 1st of April, join if you wish, the name is 'Jillian Michaels challenge'
  • jacquiF87
    jacquiF87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im on week 3 of jillian michaels ripped in 30 and i love it. it gives a killer work out in a super short period of time (i have 2 kids one 5 years and one 7 months so its so hard to make the time to work out) i have noticed my legs and arms are stronger and more defined. i havent noticed any significant weight changes but im definitely toning.