Would like to hear from the mommies out there,

Options
especially those who gained more than 50 pounds. My little boy is two. Between now and then, I lost 30, gained back 15, and now I'm pretty dang close to where I started from. :mad: Sometimes it feels like since I gained so much when I got pregnant that I'm too far gone. So, for any mommy out there who gained a lot with their pregnancy, it can be done, right?

Thanks,

Beth

Replies

• Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Of course! With enough will power and determination of course it can :)
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have always lost all of my baby weight until my miscarriage. I have not lost that weight, even 4yrs later. Well, i have lost 8lbs of it, but thats after joining MFP. ;)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you did it once, you can do it again!
    I'm almost back to my starting weight too. I can understand your frustration.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I gained 50 pounds with both pregnancies and currently weigh 15 pounds less than prepregnancy weight. Lost a lot through breastfeeding, but the last 10 to get way under prepregnancy weight was all my own hard work. It's possible!!
  • Bella20102010
    Bella20102010 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I greatly appreciate the kind words! It's just that when I see all the flab it seems kind of impossible. :embarassed:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I greatly appreciate the kind words! It's just that when I see all the flab it seems kind of impossible. :embarassed:

If it's any consolation, I feel more discouraged now with a giant 9 month preggo belly than I do with that deflated spare tire. I remember what it looked like with my first and I just sat in the hospital bathroom and laughed and laughed. It was funny looking.

Take joy in your journey-- and try to find the humor in all things.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I vividly remember seeing/feeling/squeezing my post baby belly, like right after the birth of my first. That was so depressing. It's amazing how it shrinks up, and can even almost go away with dedication. I'm at goal weight and am working on body recomp, but I still hate my belly, it's still too squishy for what I want! I keep working at it though, I know it'll never change if I don't work at it.
  • muscat_princess
    Options
    i gained so much! ha ha five months after the birth of my third baby i am still 50 pounds overweight. i try and try.....do it small steps.
    it took five months for me because i was one to restrict what i ate then got pregnant and had a none month free for all! i ate whatever i wanted! fast food n all! when i found out i was pregnant i went straight to mcdonalds and had a big mac. (first one in years! ha ha)
    but after baby it was hard to get back into the eating right routine. the new baby and the change in lifestyle....it was all hard to adjust.

im breastfeeding n it still didnt drop off.
    i joined here and managed to lose 5 pounds in one month. if u monitor your food every day u can do it.
    set small goals like i did. five pounds a month is great right? i hope to do the same next month!
    i started by doing something every week. the first week i cut out all candy n suger. the next week i added no rice. (brown rice ok)
    the third week i added walking three times a week. i do this.....and i added this app to my phone. i play around with the food and what to eat all the time. i come here to motivate myself. if u come here daily u will be motivated.
    the very first thing to do it tell yourself one month isnt forever.....commit to one month.
    then tell yourself u will do one week with NO CHEATS! and see how it goes. promise yourself one week of no cheating......and hold yourself to it.
    as mothers we do everything for our kids and husbands we tend to forget ourself. remember to do this for yourself! you owe this to you.
    add me as your friend!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    especially those who gained more than 50 pounds. My little boy is two. Between now and then, I lost 30, gained back 15, and now I'm pretty dang close to where I started from. :mad: Sometimes it feels like since I gained so much when I got pregnant that I'm too far gone. So, for any mommy out there who gained a lot with their pregnancy, it can be done, right?

Thanks,

Beth

My kids are almost 17, almost 13, and 7.

I was 135 when I got pregnant with my oldest. I was 180+ when I delivered. I stayed pretty heavy until he was about 3ish and I got a waitress job. I got down to 140 and found out I was pregnant with my daughter...

With my daughter I went up to about 170-175, and lost about 25lbs of it...then was stuck at about 150 or so for years. I started weight watchers and going to curves to try and lose 20lbs, but instead I gained about 30 lbs. A trip to the doctors got me a diagnosis of insulin resistance and a trial on Atkins.

2 months on Atkins and I lost almost 20lbs...and got pregnant with baby #3. I was like 205 when I delivered. I got down to about 170 and stalled. Life happened, and I self medicated depression with hershey's and Nestle. At my peak in February, I was 228.4 lbs

I joined the Y and started going 3-4x a week. Over the last 11 months I have lost a total of 32.4 lbs, but since I have been doing some strength work, I noticed that my lower body measurements are the same ( or smaller) than they were before my 3rd child--even though I am a good 25 lbs heavier! I have found muscles I don't think I ever knew I had, and I am looking forward to finding even more this year.

My Christmas present to myself this year was a new Personal Record in barbell squats...on Christmas eve I went to the gym and did 3 sets of 8 at 110lbs!
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I was just like you after I had my son. I thought there was no hope that I would ever lose weight again. I was borderline obese when I got pregnant with him and gained over 40 pounds. Even though I breastfed for over a year, I just couldn't seem to get the weight off. I did finally get under my pre pregnancy weight but that didn't help my self esteem much since I was so overweight to begin with. When I weaned my son, I finally gave into to that crazy notion that maybe I had to actually exercise to lose weight. Sure enough, that did the trick and I am now half the weight I was when I gave birth! You can do it! Just put your mind to it and don't give up!
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes! Weighed 200 pounds, now close to goal weight. My body is different and I am not sure I will ever be bikini ready but am still working on it! Keep going!!!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of three, my youngest is 8 months old. So I am currently working on losing the last 20-30 pounds of baby weight I gained.

My story in the shortest version possible, lol....

I have been overweight pretty much my whole life. After having my first child(gained 60 pounds), I topped out at around 240 pounds. I only lost about 30 pounds of it before getting pregnant with my second child(also gained 50 to 60 pounds) and topped out at my heaviest in my life, 255 pounds. I was so tired of how I felt, how I looked, EVERYTHING! I decided to change it all! I worked hard for about 11 months and managed to lose 98 pounds. I was at the lowest in my life and felt so great. I was 158 pounds. Then I became pregnant with our third child. I did gain more than I had hoped. I gained about 50 pounds. After that initial lose of weight after he was born I was stuck at 200 pounds. I have been working hard since he was about 3 months old or so and am currently at 176 pounds. I want to get back to my original goal of 150 but this time I want to continue to around 120-130 and be at my ultimate goal. It is hard, when you have kids things can work against you easily. Just stay focused and include them! Let them exercise with you(dance around etc.). YOU CAN DO THIS! :)
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It certainly can be done. It may take a while... but if you don't give up... you can do anything you set your mind to.

omg3.jpg

menjo_zpscac9fcb0.jpg
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be done! I've got 2 children. I didn't gain too much with the first because I was able to get to the gym while pregnant and I was quite good about what I ate, but I did still gain a bit and it took me a year to lose it, and then I got pregnant again! With my 2nd I put on a lot (I didn't weigh myself though) and I was massive after! She's now 19 months old and I've lost 55lbs and am smaller than before I got pregnant with my 1st.

This is me not long after I had my 2nd:
    worst_pic.jpg
    free image hosting

and some recent pics:

100_8697.jpg
    online photo sharing

100_8818.jpg
    upload photos

I've been logging every day on MFP for the past 180 days (i think) and I was eating well before that, but eating less actually. Eating a bit more has helped me. I have personal training sessions once or twice a week, do spinning, zumba and aerobics. I'd still like to lose another 15lbs.

Feel free to add me.
  • blissfulbutt
    Options
    I'm working on loseing the weight from my 3rd. she's 3 months old. I started at 242 I'm down to 230. I had my 3rd c-section andambreastfeeding too.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    I gained 40 with my first, then lost it all, then gained all of it plus MORE back in between pregnancies (my girls are 3 years and 8 months apart). I gained nothing with my second pregnancy, lost a bunch after I had her... and then gained all of it back, plus more again, within 2 years. I was up to 230 pounds and thought I'd never see a 1 in the front of my weight again.

But, I started working out, eating right, and here I am 90 pounds lighter at 140. My girls are 4 and 8, and believe me - it is SO worth it to be in shape, not just for me but for THEM!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I was 170 pregnant with baby #2 and about 150 when he was five months old from nursing and walking. I felt fine until I saw beach pictures. I was snacking too much and portions out of whack. That was Sept 2011. Today I am 137, goal weight 135.
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Hi OP! I have had two children in three years, so I was more pregnant than not for a while! LOL But with my first I gained 40, and didn't lose it all, then with m second I gained 25. My youngest is now 13 months, and I have lost more than it all. I am the same size I was in high school. But it is def something that you have to be continuous about. you have to find ways to work out with your child, make it fun, finding time is the hardest!!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I gained 51 and 54 lbs with my two kids. For me most of it was water weight though. Within a couple of weeks I lost about 35 lbs just by sweating it out. But that left me with an extra 22 lbs after that! Basically just the diet and exercise thing has gotten me back to pre baby weight. Now just working to get to pre-broken leg weight (which I was before I got PG with my son....7 years ago!)
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible if you put your mind to it and put in the work necessary to make it happen.

My pregnancy was a long time ago as my son is 14, but I was 180 lbs at the top of my pregnancy weight. After having my son I made it down to 150 lbs and then over the many years after I gained much much more. I am now working on getting to 160 lbs and am smaller than I ever was at 150.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!