The Scale & Weight - Help!

Options
I'm in a panic. I haven't exactly been eating very well this December, with all the alcohol now that I'm legal age, but I haven't been stuffing my face with McD's or chips either.

However, December 1st I weighed in at 164. Today I'm at 170! I get alcohol bloats you, and my period could be adding some bloating too... but even with my not-so-strict diet, I've been working out a lot harder then I have been in months. I can't tell if I'm gaining muscle. Physically, there's not really a difference.

Should I be worried? Should I amp up my diet strictness and workouts? Should I give up on the scale?

I feel so disappointed :/

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I'm in a panic. I haven't exactly been eating very well this December, with all the alcohol now that I'm legal age,

not eating well...

too much booze.....

disappointed?

I think you know the answer

Merry Christmas
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all diet, exercise is pretty much irrelevant. You need a calorie deficit to lose weight. All the exercise in the world won't make a bit of difference if you eat too much.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm in a panic. I haven't exactly been eating very well this December, with all the alcohol now that I'm legal age, but I haven't been stuffing my face with McD's or chips either.

However, December 1st I weighed in at 164. Today I'm at 170! I get alcohol bloats you, and my period could be adding some bloating too... but even with my not-so-strict diet, I've been working out a lot harder then I have been in months. I can't tell if I'm gaining muscle. Physically, there's not really a difference.

Should I be worried? Should I amp up my diet strictness and workouts? Should I give up on the scale?

Get stricter with your diet--cut the alcohol, watch the sodium, etc. Weigh again after TOM.