Feeling very down today- but didn't soothe with food!

Options
We opened up gifts this morning and my kids were passing out everything from under the tree. Everyone had gifts except me :frown: The kids of course had their Santa gifts and gifts from their grandparents. DH had a gift from me and gifts from the kids. He didn't give me anything from him or the kids. I went on to make breakfast and after he ate he went upstairs and fell back asleep. Normally I would sit and eat my way through the hurt. But instead of eating, I completed 2 Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown workouts. :smile:

Replies

• lookatme09
    lookatme09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I AM SO SORRY! Merry hristmas to you and I am very proud of you! Please add me as a fiend.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. He didn't get you anything? Not that Christmas is, or should be, about the presents... but... that seems a bit selfish of him.. But good for you for working out instead of choosing food to comfort. I have that battle when it comes to comforting myself.

I hope you have a great Christmas :)

edit to say: and wow 90 pounds loss! amazing achievement!
  • lookatme09
    lookatme09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sorry for typing errors. I am such a bad typer. Life on my end arent perfect either but I found so much support on this site. I am full time nurse and mom and I finally decided to do something for myself. PS. I hope you didnt spend too much on him
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that really sucks! Good job on the working out instead of eating though.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry that sux make him sleep on the couch tonight
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Im so sorry to read this,is he like this all the time? I know my own Dad RIP was a very good man but he never ever gave my mum a gift for birthday christmas or anything he just didnt yet he was great other ways,Id be more concerned if he is like this all the time!Still something thoughtful wouldnt have hurt!I hope you feel better!
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Oh wow, just wow - so sorry! Feeling the hurt. Sometimes relationships just suck. Congrats on not munching your way through though - that's a wonderful gift you gave yourself! Feel free to add me for more support.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That just made me really sad! I know its not all about gifts but I feel as if it makes you at least feel that you were thought about. Sorry that happened to you. I still think we are all kids at heart. Congrats on your weight lose, that is amazing. Shop for your self tomorrow!!
  • Bella20102010
    Bella20102010 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awww, I'm sorry. Men can be such butts!!!!! Awesome job on working out to cope!!!!! Return his gift and tell him you accidentally threw it way. :tongue:

Beth
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sorry , Your having a bad day , But be thankful to see your kids smile today !

Some parents in NEWTOWN, Conn. didn't see that today .

8981edce06098924240f6a70670060f3.jpg
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I buy myself presents! Been doing that for 12 years now. I am single, that might make a difference, but I don't see why it should. I did get a lovely gift from my 16 year old. She is a beautiful artist. But I got perfume and hair stuff and some makeup and toiletries, gorgeous necklace, etc. No one else is going to give me gifts, so why not treat myself to presents? I would recommend next year to give yourself lots of nice little gifts that you want. You are worth it!

Ok, tomorrow is a good day to go shopping, get out there and get yourself something cute!

Or go wild on Amazon today.

You are learning to take care of yourself by eating healthy and losing the weight and exercising (good for you, I plan on doing a little today, see if the plan takes fruition). Why not be kind to yourself in other ways too?
  • jenjarvi
    jenjarvi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you for make a healthier choice and am sending you a telepathic christmas hug.
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You working on your own health is the best gift to give yourself and your family. Good for you for working through the hurt!
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I decided to forego exchanging Christmas gifts with eachother this year. We did however, do stockings. My hubby really doesn't like shopping so I offered to take care of my own stocking as well as his. This is the first time we didn't exchange presents. For years I have been buying my own gifts. It's a win-win because I always get what I want AND he doesn't have to stress out. I just hand him the gift, he wraps it and puts it under the tree! I like doing this for him.

I'm sorry to hear you are hurting today. Not a fun way to spend Christmas. I like someone's suggestion of going on Amazon and doing a little shopping for yourself. I will send you a {{{hug}}}and a friend request:)
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are feeling down but so proud of you for choosing YOU instead of food.

Friend me if you want to talk.
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    Good for you, on the workout instead of food...I feel for you, I had similar situation for 9 years...Next year Buy yourself something nice and put it under the tree from the kids. You deserve it.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well done for doing that.
  • ann3h
    ann3h Posts: 10
    Options
    awww well think about the bright side u have your family !! :] --home alone for christmas--
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Well, that just sucks. Not even a thanks for breakfast before he went back to bed?

Still, you proved yourself to be a stronger woman today by not eating though the hurt. Good Job on that front.

So, take some money outta his wallet and go get yourself something.
  • 240x30
    240x30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Not very considerate of him but that's not for me to go into... I'm so proud that you didn't soothe with food because I would have after I assaulted him with every pillow in the house.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!