Hello everyone!

Options
My name is Dionna Morris and I am 20 years old. I live in Buffalo, NY and hope to one day become a Diplomat for the State Department. I always knew I was overweight, but it wasn't until a few days ago that I realized HOW overweight I truly am. It seems like I gained an extra 30 pounds overnight. I am 5 foot 9 inches tall and I weigh 205 lbs - and most of the weight is in my thighs and around my stomach area. I decided that now is the perfect time to do something to change that since the New Year is coming around, the only thing is I'm not certain of which fitness program I would most likely enjoy to do.

I've been looking between Beachbody's Insanity program (which I do understand is VERY difficult but I'm VERY determined) or starting off with Turbo Jam and then after a few rounds going to Turbo Fire and THEN moving onto Insanity. I want a program that will help me lose weight, but also tone my body and doesn't use any or at least very little equipment. If anyone has any advice as to which program would be best I would appreciate it.

Replies

• CoachDuhamNC
    Options
    Please allow me to help you make the correct choices with this.:smile:
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start. You already have a plan and that's great. Let me know if I can help in any way!
  • sterober
    Options
    You're welcome to add me! I'm on here a lot and am always happy to drop and encouraging word! :smile:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    If you've been sedentary for a long time, jumping into a program like insanity can be very difficult and you may get burnt out pretty quickly. When I first started exercising, I started with 10-20 minutes of cardio per day, as hard as I could, and eased into it as I got more comfortable with it. Making small changes and taking things slowly makes it easier to transition to an active lifestyle from sedentary.