Spag Bog!

Options
leelu
leelu Posts: 136 Member
I really had a craving for spaghetti bolognese tonight and thought it would be well over my calories but managed to make one that was only 500 calories for a reasonably large bowl full andthought i would share

I used half a pack of spaghetti (what is recommended for 2 serves but spread it out to 4)

I used 400g extra Lean mince, grated a large zucchini to bulk it out a bit.
then just added lots of garlic, herbs, tomato, tomato paste, and mushrooms for the sauce. (even thru in a glass of red wine)

IT WAS SO YUMMY

and by using less of the higher calorie ingredients ( meat and pasta) and more of the lower calorie ingredients it was great!

Replies

• RachelJoyce
    Options
    MMMMM sounds yummy :smile:
    Im having lasagne for lunch and cant wait! Im a sucker for pasta dishes :bigsmile:
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    I reajusted my spagetti recipe too, I've cut the meat by 1/2, and replaced 1/2 of what is left of beef by xtra lean ground porc. Added xtra lean turkey italian sausage meat, doubled the veggies (celery, zuchinni, muchrooms, onions, green-red-yellow peppers, black olives) and VOILÀ!!!

It's actually the best spagetti sauce i've EVER made, much more flavors than b4!!

JF