What do you eat?

Hi all. Happy Xmas!

After doing every diet under the sun I have lost the knowledge of what I should achually be eating!
Please tell me what you eat on an average day. Breakfast lunch dinner and snacks.

Thank you.

Xxx

Replies

• CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 256 Member
    I am somewhat a creature of habit. I have designated coffee breaks at work with my co-workers so snack time for sure is always consistent.

B: Usually a spinach, banana and protein powder smoothie made with almond milk. Sometimes a granola bar and banana. Always coffee.

Am Snack: Usually 2 ham sticks and a cheese string. Sometimes a piece of fruit if I'm still hungry

Lunch: usually one of the following with a piece of fruit or veggies: tuna and crackers, any type of leftovers, a slice of pizza, a sandwich. I usually have a yogurt as well.

Pm snack: only if I am hungry - almonds, a granola bar, fruit, whatever...

Dinner: Usually meat and salad or a recipe from skinnytaste.com. I don't eat a lot of bread but I do sometimes have whole grain pasta or brown rice. I cook most night so there is always something good for dinner.

I don't usually eat after dinner. Just my choice as I am never hungry in the evening.

Hope this helps.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    My diary is open. Feel free to take a look.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    My diary is also open so feel free to look. I even logged today (but today really isn't typical lol).

Usually I have eggs or porridge for breakfast.

Lunch varies, but often ham and cheese salad, or tuna, or crackers and peanut butter, and some fruit.

Dinner is often something like fishcake with veg, or chicken. Occasionally i'll make something like spaghetti or shepherd's pie. When i'm feeling a bit lazy i'll just have soup. My husband works shifts and I have 2 young kids to look after, so when he's on lates I tend to make something easy, plus my kids just like simple food really.

Snacks are fruit or low fat yoghurt.

I drink about 4 cups of coffee a day, just with milk.
  • miasapearl
    miasapearl Posts: 38 Member
    You're welcome to take a look at my diary. ^.^
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Doesn't really matter what you eat as long as you stay in budget. You'll soon find that foods that are better for you will probably be lower calorie and keep you full while staying in budget.

Theoretically you can lose weight eating Big Macs, Twinkies and drinking Mountain Dew but you're probably having one meal a day and not going to be very healthy. Even eating "healthy" food won't make you thin. You can be overweight eating too much of most things. Don't think of it as a diet. It needs to be a lifestyle change that you will stick to for life. A new way of eating that will keep you at a healthy weight and in good physical health.
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    You can also view my food diary if you want.

I think it does matter what you eat - you should be interested in nourishing your body and that will lead you to eat a lot of fruits, vegetables and lean meat. Eating this way you'll be extremely unlikely to gain weight and extremely likely to lose weight.

Sure, it is possible to lose weight eating badly but what would be the point. You might look thin on the outside but you'd still be very unhealthy on this inside and probably not feel very good either.

If we start feeding our bodies and not our tongues then we will be on a much better track to good health and a correct weight. ♥
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,144 Member
    wut.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    I try to eat low fat foods. My try to keep my food choices as close to wholesome as possible. The less processed the better. My diary is open so feel free to take a look.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    It'll depend on your target macros, everyone is going to have those set slightly differently.

I aim to keep around 1300 cals, 100g carbs and 100g protein.

Breakfast; usually eggs, sometimes cottage cheese, yoghurt, porridge, slice of good seedy toast with peanut butter about twice a week.

Lunch: I make my own soups and stew out of whatever veg needs using up in the fridge - freeze in individual portion tubs. Or a salad.

Dinner - grilled meat (steak, chicken, fish) and veg.

Snacks; Rice cakes, spready cheese triangles, nuts, fruits, roast soy nuts, cheese sticks.
  • Breakfast:
    Fiber luna bar(raspberry chocolate flavor)-110 cals
    fiber one light blueberry yogurt- 50 calls
    egg beaterz origional- 125 cals for 5 servings. (1 serving contains 35 calls and 3 tbsp)

Snack:
    Fruit, popcorn, or carrots or nuts.

Lunch:
    Big apple-approx 130 cal
    Oatfit cinnamon roll oatmeal- 100 cal
    dannon activia light- 60 cal
    chia seeds-70 cal
    weight watchers string cheese- 50 cal

Snack:
    Quest protein bar -160 cal - 200 cal
    pb2- 45 cal

or maybe some fruit.

Dinner:
    any type of healthy soup or protein.
    sometimes corn thins with pb2
    or a salad.
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Bump want to check this all out later...I need new idea's for eating too!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    This thread may be of use to you:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/826548-name-the-top-10-foods-you-eat

Seems like most people on here eat a lot of eggs, fruits/veggies, meats/fish, protein powder, dairy (for some), and lots of coffee.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    For weight loss just eat at a calorie deficit. Personally there are some foods I prefer because they help me meet my calorie goal, but that's the extent of it. Normal day for me is 1640 calories (I'm in maintenance)--

Breakfast- oatmeal bread/light margarine, coffee
    Lunch-- greek yogurt, nuts, apple
    Dinner-- lean protein (chicken, shrimp, etc), veggies. Sometimes whole wheat pasta or rice. I cook a wide variety of things so it depends on the week
    Snacks-- cucumbers, carrots, fruit, york mini peppermint patties, spinach/tomato salad

But again, as far as weight loss goes just meet your calorie goal. The best foods for you will be the ones that allow you to do that.