40lbs down -- 75 to go in 2013

Hey there -- so about a year ago I made the commitment to focus on losing weight. I started the year at around 335lbs, but am now down to 297, which is about 40lbs lost. While its not as much as I wanted, it has been a really good result thus far, and I finished the end of the year a lot more on-track than I started it. The best part is, most of the weight loss was in the last 6 months

In 2013, I'm setting the goal to lose 75 more -- that'll bring me to about 220lbs, which is good since I'm 6'4 -- It averages about 6.5lbs/month (which is a couple pounds more than I lose now), so I'll just have to refocus my energy and really commit to this.

I've seen a lot of great success stories on this site, and hoping that mine will be the next....

The good news is, I already have a personal trainer who I see on a weekly basis, have a gym in my building to use, and am surrounded by endless trails nearby. Hoping 2013 I finally hit my goal and get healthy once and for all.

Anyone else have 2013 goals?

Replies

• threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Hey man, nice work! 40lbs is a good start.

Im trying to hit 275 by my birthday in April. Going to be a challenge but I have been working hard to get it done.

good luck!
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    my 2013 goal is to start the C25K and participate in our 3K run our town hosts at the beginning of June.
  • I am hoping to lose 60 pounds in 2013! I have lost a total of 105 pounds since Feb. The profile picture is where I said enough and started to think about working out. I couldnt see me anymore! I have found me!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I'm down 76 pounds with somewhere around 100 to go. I haven't set a certain poundage for 2013, but I know I will finish the year in better shape than ever. I know I will eat healthier than ever, I know I will help anyone that wants help this year. We can succeed and be healthful and happy. 2012 was my turn-a-round year and 2013 will be my year to thrive. I will finish this year looking like a whole new person. With a body I've wanted for a very,very long time. Good luck and anyone wanting a person to turn to, a person to cheer you on, a person to give help friend me.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    congrats! :)
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    40 lbs is a great start- great job!! I also need to really focus this year :) I want to lose 40 and then reassess.. The journey continues...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!