getting over the flu

ramonad
ramonad Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
my wonderful little boys were nice enough to share their stomach flu with me! so, for 3 days i did nothing but sip diet sprite and eat a few bites of jello. the 7 pounds i lost were nice but i know it's mostly because there was no food stored in my body at all. i have been trying to take it slow with eating and think i will try to get in all my calories today and go to zumba. I wish i didnt have to gain any of that weight back but know in my heart it's a good thing. will this end up being a set back for me? has my body gone into starvation mode and will take a while to turn it around?

Replies

• FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    will this end up being a set back for me? has my body gone into starvation mode and will take a while to turn it around?

I doubt this happens from being sick for three days. When you have an infection such as stomach flu your body works overtime to fight it off. Now that you're over it, just do as you normally would and slowly increase what you're eating according to your comfort level. Same with exercise - don't think you've got to make up for "lost time", get back into it gradually as your body will tell you what it can take.

Cheers! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.