BodyMedia Fit question

Options
Hello,

I searched the boards for this answer and I can't find it. I just got my BodyMedia Fit Core set up today (no bluetooth). How does this work syncing with MFP if I have to wait til night time to plug it into the computer and upload the numbers? By then it will be too late as I would have already eaten all my food for the day. I do have the display with it that shows me real time numbers but how will this help me adjust my mfp numbers if my BodyMedia and MFP have no way of automatically syncing during the day? Seems like syncing them would be a waste of time then....perhaps I should have gotten the one with the Bluetooth capabilities. I heard bad reviews of the Bluetooth ones though.

Anybody else with Bodymedia Core that has thoughts on this? Thanks

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Since I have been wearing it for a while, I have a general idea of how many calories I will burn on any given day. It's normally not an issue for the adjustment to be made at the end of the day. I have more of an issue linking it early in the day and it giving me a very liberal amount for exercise and actually not realizing that I'm eating more than I should. It actually works better for me to sync later.
    Good luck!
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I got the link one today! By your post, does this thing only sync when i plug it in? I linked it with my blue tooth and mfp. I was expecting to see some syncing right away. Need some help with thid device.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Since I have been wearing it for a while, I have a general idea of how many calories I will burn on any given day. It's normally not an issue for the adjustment to be made at the end of the day. I have more of an issue linking it early in the day and it giving me a very liberal amount for exercise and actually not realizing that I'm eating more than I should. It actually works better for me to sync later.
    Good luck!

Okay thanks so much for your input, that actually helps a lot! So far I've been wearing it for 8 hours and I'm getting the hang of it. Apparently I burn a lot more calories in a day than I thought. It does help a lot to have the optional display. But I'll sync it up tonight and see what happens. Thanks again!
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    I got the link one today! By your post, does this thing only sync when i plug it in? I linked it with my blue tooth and mfp. I was expecting to see some syncing right away. Need some help with thid device.

The Link and Core are are two different versions. The Link has bluetooth I believe, the Core does not. I can't say if the Link would sync right away or not. I believe you have to have the bluetooth on your phone turned on and within a couple feet of the link to sync up automatically. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
  • rubypoh
    rubypoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have the link. Although you can "link" it to your phone through blue tooth all it will do is show you the data at the time you link it. It will not transfer the information to MFP (or from what I read on BodyMefia FAQ, it will not even link the information to your account online so you can view it on the computer) until you plug it in to the computer.

I aim for my daily calorie intake goal I set up with MFP. At the end of the day when I look at it all together it is nice to see the end result of calorie deficit for the day.

I am not sure how regularly seeing the information will change your day. For me the first few days wearing it I was surprised by the information in good and bad days. I would suggest that you just wear it for a bit and check out all the data at the end of each day. You will start to see patterns and can make decisions about what time of day you may try to be more active, etc. Take it one day at a time. I think you will see the benefits of wearing it and will understand how you don't need to see all the info throughout the day.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    I have the link. Although you can "link" it to your phone through blue tooth all it will do is show you the data at the time you link it. It will not transfer the information to MFP (or from what I read on BodyMefia FAQ, it will not even link the information to your account online so you can view it on the computer) until you plug it in to the computer.

I aim for my daily calorie intake goal I set up with MFP. At the end of the day when I look at it all together it is nice to see the end result of calorie deficit for the day.

I am not sure how regularly seeing the information will change your day. For me the first few days wearing it I was surprised by the information in good and bad days. I would suggest that you just wear it for a bit and check out all the data at the end of each day. You will start to see patterns and can make decisions about what time of day you may try to be more active, etc. Take it one day at a time. I think you will see the benefits of wearing it and will understand how you don't need to see all the info throughout the day.

Very good points, thank you. Now that I understand it better I feel okay with only syncing the information once or twice a day.

I have a couple questions though. My first concern is it said last night I took 450 steps after I went to sleep. I had 1 bathroom trip which was maybe 100 steps tops. I don't see how I took 450 steps during the NIGHT, lol. Unless it is counting other bedroom "activities" as steps :noway: :laugh: That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Secondly, when I synced the information last night the information on my activity panel did not match the numbers on my display. What's up with that? Same thing with this morning. Why aren't the numbers the same if armband and display sync every 60 seconds?

Sorry for all the questions lol......