Those that are 50+ lbs Overweight

Options
How much weight did it take losing before you had real visible difference? I have lost 17, but in side by sides it is nearly negligent... What has it been like for you?

Replies

• 1mailgal1
    Options
    You may not notice a difference but it's amazing to think about picking up and carrying around something that weights the same as how many pounds you have lost. Just one 10# bag of potatoes is heavy and you have lost almost 2 10# bags of potatoes. Wow! Good for you! I'm just starting my journey and I am so ready to shed this extra weight.
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries their weight differently. Some may see a difference within the first 10 pounds and others the first 40. I started to notice after about 20 pounds.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Cool! You show up on my friend list, but if I go to your page it shows that we are not ;-(
  • brittrose33
    Options
    I was 187 at 5'0 and then decided I had to do something after shooting very quickly up from a very muscular 130. I lost 15ish pounds and I personally can't see much of a different, but others are commenting on how much smaller I look! I went down to 170, then started weight lifting and gained around 4 pounds, but lost 2 inches. So you can't always judge by weight alone, and sometimes you aren't the best judge. :smile: If you're taller than me (and pretty much everyone is, haha) you might not see it as fast. My goal weight is 120- 130, depending on how much muscle I end up developing.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I have lost 11 and can't tell! Got a long way to go though.

I feel better though - healthy food and exercising apparently suit me despite years of saying the opposite. x
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I dont really look too different, but I am so much stronger! I can last alot longer at activities than I used to. That is a bonus!
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It depends on several things. How much weight you have to loss and are you exercising. I would measure yourself and keep track. I saw inches and pounds coming off but didn't see me looking any thinner. Once I hit close to 20 pounds off I started seeing it. Measure yourself as you will see the inches even if you don't see it.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    5'7'', I want to lose about 70 lbs (like a ultimate goal, thought).
    Up to now I have loss almost 22 lbs. I kind of notice... I mean it's not too visible, but I see that a little change all around. Not major. Not like people noticing all around me.

But I feel a lot better. Not getting tired so easy... more agile... I can exercise for longer.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice anything physical until around 30lbs lost.

ETA: I'm 5'10"
  • dee_bee
    Options
    I have lost 46 and have about 94 to go. I started noticing a slight difference in side by sides at around 17lb. My next comparison was at 35lb and all of a sudden it looked like I had lost a heck of a lot. (More than the scales were telling me)

Keep at it, you will notice the difference very soon.
  • Harriann84
    Options
    I am 5"10 and have a good deal of weight to lose. I have already lost 21lbs but can't see any different at all. I know my clothes are looser, but I can't see it.

I get the odd moment where I think my neck looks smaller but I can't really see any change.

Feel free to add me, as I really do need the support xx
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference in my clothes, and I don't look as bloated,I have lost 47 total but still have about 80 more to go. Others have noticed I have lost, but I doubt they would realize it is close to 50 pounds. I am hoping to see a bigger difference in the next 20-25 pounds.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    60lbs and it is more noticeable now that I am in the 100's :)
  • CherWilcox
    CherWilcox Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost just over 25 and people are starting to comment and notice. My face is thinner and my clothes fit comfortably now. It feels great when people notice, but even before they did....... I noticed and that is all that really matters. I feel better eating fewer calories and I can walk from the car into a location without being out of breathe. Keep on Keeping on!!! Good Luck!
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You may not notice a difference but it's amazing to think about picking up and carrying around something that weights the same as how many pounds you have lost. Just one 10# bag of potatoes is heavy and you have lost almost 2 10# bags of potatoes. Wow! Good for you! I'm just starting my journey and I am so ready to shed this extra weight.

My mother said something similar the other day. It's a fantastic idea!

I noticed at around 20 lbs. that my pants where loose (my starting weight was 256 lbs.)
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I noticed it around 15 lbs. It depends on your build and where you're losing it. I haven't lost a pant size in the last 20 or so pounds, but lost 3 in my first 20 pounds. I'm working out now, but wasn't early on and I think that has changed where I lose the weight.
    For a lot of people it goes from no visible difference to huge difference overnight
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    about 20 pounds
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I felt like that but I carried around my 20lb baby for a while and couldnt believe how tiring it was. And Im down 40 with much more to go! So I feel the difference.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 started 236 and really noticed after 20 pounds, everyone noticed shortly after and now I get comments regularly, I have lost 38 pounds in 4 months. I think it makes a difference how you lose the weight too, some people lose in specific areas, and others lose all around, I was lucky with the first 38 to lose pretty even all over. Fingers crossed the last 23 go the same!

Keep up the hard work, regardless of when you notice you WILL NOTICE and you will feel great!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I started out at 80-90 lbs overweight. I was 228.4 lbs at 5'2" tall.

this was about 15lbs gone...I think

7170749729_2ea7a3b827_q.jpg
    IMG00518-20120518-0906 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is the same tank after 25lbs

7719017984_9b6ec5f26f_q.jpg
    IMG00645-20120726-0919 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

about 15-20lbs I started to get the "you've lost weight, haven't you?" and "your face and neck look slimmer" comments