CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's AMAZING! Congratulations!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    i cannot even imagine your journey to this point. Congratulations and good luck on your new lifestyle. -katie
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Congratulations Amy, you are AMAZING!!!!!! Keep up that great work, you must be incredibly proud and inspired by your own progress. Thanks for sharing! :drinker: :heart: :smile: :bigsmile:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration!!! Congratulations!!!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    SUCH an accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    great job AMY!! that is awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OMG...You are freaking amazing...where are your before/after pics???I lost 140 pounds after gastric and people don't even remeber the "before" me...that really does say something about our perception of our looks, doesn't it?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All of us know at least a little bit how hard this must have been and what kind of dedication it has taken for you to get here. Please tell us about how you managed through the tough times and the platoos - any insite would be appreciated!

Thanks and good luck!

It took a lot of soul searching and honesty with myself. I had to own up to eating the wrong foods and make good choices to eat the right ones. It is a daily battle with myself and the world around me. I come here or replace the food with something else to keep me busy. 350 was a big mental block for me but once i realized I ate my way back up once i got there each time I beat it. I also found the right plan for my body and it is helping me beat my genetics which I never thought was possible.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great determination - wish you could bottle it :bigsmile:

:drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    OMG...You are freaking amazing...where are your before/after pics???I lost 140 pounds after gastric and people don't even remeber the "before" me...that really does say something about our perception of our looks, doesn't it?

The year after I had bypass(2002) the superintendent of my school system who had had several dealing with me previous to the weight loss walked right by me in the hall and I thought geez he's ignoring me then a couple months later I saw him at a meeting and he realized who I was when the principal said my name he said "there has been a big change in you I did not even recognize you when I saw you last time". It was a great feeling.

Then I thought I would never lose another pound and kept gaining and losing the same 40-50 pounds until I found Primal. Now I have lost the 50 plus more. I think I finally found a way to beat my genes!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Thank you so much for being such an inspiration to everyone! I'm so happy that your hard work has paid off! I hope you are very proud of yourself because you should be! You have completed something wonderful for yourself and I'm sure you will continue.:flowerforyou:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Everytime I feel Iike giving up, I always think about success stories like yourself in MFP, and it keeps me motivated and to stay positive.

Awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling exactly! I have been playing with about 30 piunds for the past year..but I FINALLY have the AHA! feeling! Like I really have it right this time...it just doesn't feel like it EVER has before...not even right after surgery! This time I don't feel like I am on a diet. All those years people said to me, "you can't diet, you have to change the way you live." Never got it until now! We CAN do this, and now it isn't even that hard!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! WHAT A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT! You should be proud!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AWESOME! Way to go! :)
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done you, I'm pleased you're taking this moment to be proud of yourself. S x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!