Goal Weight Help?

Options
I'm 18, 5'6 and I want to be 115. Ideally 111. Im currently 125. I'm a distance runner and I'm going to be running in college next year, so I need to be absolutely as lighht as possible. I already have too much muscle, I've gained 4 pounds of muscle in the last month.

I weighed 120 at this time last year, and I looked a lot fatter than I do right now, which frustrates me. Because I know I've gained muscle, and if I hadn't gained muscle, I would've been able to get my weight a lot lower than 120 :/

Anyway do you think that I should aim for 115 or 110? I currently have two handfuls of stomach fat (I'm guessing about 3-4 pounds worth) and fat on my thighs and butt (idk how much) but that's basically it.

I know this whole post doesn't sound that great, but it is absolutely critical that I lose all(most) of the fat I have. The girls I compete against are 80-90 pounds and I'm 125 and if I just get rid of this fat I can run so much faster and beat them by so much more. I know my teammates have absolutely no fat on them basically at all, they all have abs and defined quads and I have none of that.

So I guess my question is how low do you think I can go and still be okay? I'm leaning towards 110 but that might be pushing it.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    111 is underweight on the BMI chart. Speaking as a stranger on the internet, I'd go for losing fat (if you seriously think you have some) and getting to 17-20ish% (though the 17 is low) body fat. It doesn't matter what your weight is if you have healthy bodyfat and are healthy overall. Again as a stranger, I'd care much less about competitions and more about how my body is doing and if I am healthy or not. Be careful with yourself.