Before & After's - 156.8 to 134.6 lbs with pictures

Options
Thanks for reading! :happy:

I hired a personal trainer in Feb this year and had training sessions with him until April but it just wasn't working, somthing just wasn't right....I just wasn't into it. When I finished my ball season on Aug 20, 2012 (I play fastpitch), something clicked in me and I decided Aug 21 was the day for a change. I'm 30 years old, 5'5 and I weighed 156.8 lbs. I've always been active in sports but I haven't been "thin" since I was 14 (albeit not in a healthy way). I made it my goal that by Christmas Eve 2012, I would be at my goal weight of 135 lbs and I was going to do it the right way. I wanted to go into 2013 without a weight loss goal as a resolution - for the first time in my life.

This is what I looked like:
BeforePhotoAug212012v2_zps81f89c0d.jpg
BeforePhotoApr212012_zps2dfa5855.jpg

I found MFP on Aug 22 or so and maintainted weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) training sessions with my personal trainer to keep me motivated weekly. MFP has been a lifesaver. I've tracked all of my food and exercise on here every day since then. I never did more than 10-15 min of cardio on the treadmill - just to warm up - but my mile time improved significantly from a 11 min mile to a an 8.5 min mile. My goal would be to run the fastest mile I could and then continue to jog, walk or bike the remainder of my warm-up. The rest of my time at the gym was spent doing circuit training, keeping my heart rate high while doing strength training as well. I worked out at the gym 3 days per week for 60-75 min/workout and I walked 6 days a week for a minimum of 35 min and up to 2 hrs per session (usually on weekends). I started on MFP eating 1200 calorie, trying to lose 1 lbs per week...I ended up upping my calories to 1400 in October as I felt like I needed it during one of my plateau's...then I started to lose again. I always ate back some or all of my excercise calories.

On Dec 23, I weighed in at 134.6 lbs - 1 day before my goal date of Christmas Eve. I'm now going to fumble around with figuring out my maintenance calories and will focus on reducing body fat and lifting heavier. Currently I plan on eating 1800-2000 calories per day and will adjust as needed.

This is what I look like now:
AfterPhotoDec212012_zps1438c54a.jpg
IMG-20121117-00018_zps07a79f64.jpg
AfterPhotoDec2520122_zps980e7dff.jpg

I used the success stories on here to stay motivated when I was having a bad day but here's my top tips to stay on track:
1. track everything you eat on MFP, even if its just a bite
2. schedule workout sessions in your calendar every week and make sure you show up
3. some days at the gym are better than others, but even a bad day at the gym is better than a good day sitting on the couch
4. socialize with people on MFP to stay motivated and keep on track - my MFP friends are amazing, thank you!!
5. tell a few friends that you can confide in to stay motivated in the "real" world too
6. make small goals to keep you motivated
7. take before and after photo's
8. take before and after measurements
9. remember that weight loss is not linear, I lost on average 1.1 lbs per week, some weeks I gained, some weeks I lost 2 lbs
10. know what BMR and TDEE mean...look at this website: scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

My measurements - start/current:
Waist 31/26.5
Hip 38/34
Butt 40/37
Bust 36/32
Chest 31.5/28
Upper Thigh 24/21.5
Bicep 11.5/10

I started this journey wearing a size 10 jean (from American Eagle), now I wear a size 4. I still can't believe it when I step into my skinny jeans....before August, I didn't think I'd be here but I know that once you set your mind to it, you can do it too. :smile:

Stick with it, you deserve to be comfortable in your skin. I'm still adjusting to that but that's what 2013 is all about for me...Thanks for reading, Jenn :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    darn pics aren't loading properly...help?
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with uploading the photos but congrats on your weight loss. I've lost 21 lbs so far and it feels great. It helps to share with others and hear from others so one can stay motivated on this lifelong journey.

Again, congratulations to you on your success.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Change the IMG to img and the pics will show up. Congrats on the weight loss!! :flowerforyou:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

I hired a personal trainer in Feb this year and had training sessions with him until April but it just wasn't working, somthing just wasn't right....I just wasn't into it. When I finished my ball season on Aug 20, 2012 (I play fastpitch), something clicked in me and I decided Aug 21 was the day for a change. I'm 30 years old, 5'5 and I weighed 156.8 lbs. I've always been active in sports but I haven't been "thin" since I was 14 (albeit not in a healthy way). I made it my goal that by Christmas Eve 2012, I would be at my goal weight of 135 lbs and I was going to do it the right way. I wanted to go into 2013 without a weight loss goal as a resolution - for the first time in my life.

BeforePhotoAug212012v2_zps81f89c0d.jpg
    BeforePhotoApr212012_zps2dfa5855.jpg

I found MFP on Aug 22 or so and maintainted weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) training sessions with my personal trainer to keep me motivated weekly. MFP has been a lifesaver. I've tracked all of my food and exercise on here every day since then. I never did more than 10-15 min of cardio on the treadmill - just to warm up - but my mile time improved significantly from a 11 min mile to a an 8.5 min mile. My goal would be to run the fastest mile I could and then continue to jog, walk or bike the remainder of my warm-up. The rest of my time at the gym was spent doing circuit training, keeping my heart rate high while doing strength training as well. I worked out at the gym 3 days per week for 60-75 min/workout and I walked 6 days a week for a minimum of 35 min and up to 2 hrs per session (usually on weekends). I started on MFP eating 1200 calorie, trying to lose 1 lbs per week...I ended up upping my calories to 1400 in October as I felt like I needed it during one of my plateau's...then I started to lose again. I always ate back some or all of my excercise calories.

On Dec 23, I weighed in at 134.6 lbs - 1 day before my goal date of Christmas Eve. I'm now going to fumble around with figuring out my maintenance calories and will focus on reducing body fat and lifting heavier. Currently I plan on eating 1800-2000 calories per day and will adjust as needed.

AfterPhotoDec212012_zps1438c54a.jpg
    IMG-20121117-00018_zps07a79f64.jpg
    AfterPhotoDec2520122_zps980e7dff.jpg

I used the success stories on here to stay motivated when I was having a bad day but here's my top tips to stay on track:
    2. schedule workout sessions in your calendar every week and make sure you show up
    3. some days at the gym are better than others, but even a bad day at the gym is better than a good day sitting on the couch
    4. socialize with people on MFP to stay motivated and keep on track - my MFP friends are amazing, thank you!!
    5. tell a few friends that you can confide in to stay motivated in the "real" world too
    9. remember that weight loss is not linear, I lost on average 1.1 lbs per week, some weeks I gained, some weeks I lost 2 lbs
    10. know what BMR and TDEE mean...look at this website: scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Waist 31/26.5
    Hip 38/34
    Butt 40/37
    Bust 36/32
    Chest 31.5/28
    Upper Thigh 24/21.5
    Bicep 11.5/10

I started this journey wearing a size 10 jean (from American Eagle), now I wear a size 4. I still can't believe it when I step into my skinny jeans....before August, I didn't think I'd be here but I know that once you set your mind to it, you can do it too. :smile:

Stick with it, you deserve to be comfortable in your skin. I'm still adjusting to that but that's what 2013 is all about for me...Thanks for reading, Jenn :flowerforyou:

Ok, I tried :( (it might have something to do with the % things that are in the code automatically) but congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Change the IMG to img and the pics will show up. Congrats on the weight loss!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, I did change that before I posted but it didn't work :(
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    So I added some pics to my profile and opened it up for you to view since the links aren't working correctly...sorry about that!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    amazing job!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options

[img]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a563/Jennifer_Lynn_1982/Before and After Photos/BeforePhotoAug212012v2_zps81f89c0d.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a563/Jennifer_Lynn_1982/Before and After Photos/BeforePhotoApr212012_zps2dfa5855.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a563/Jennifer_Lynn_1982/Before and After Photos/AfterPhotoDec212012_zps1438c54a.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a563/Jennifer_Lynn_1982/Before and After Photos/IMG-20121117-00018_zps07a79f64.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a563/Jennifer_Lynn_1982/Before and After Photos/AfterPhotoDec2520122_zps980e7dff.jpg[/img]

Waist 31/26.5
    Hip 38/34
    Butt 40/37
    Bust 36/32
    Chest 31.5/28
    Upper Thigh 24/21.5
    Bicep 11.5/10

AMAZING job

You have spaces in your album name which look like %20 in your link - you just need to remove the %20 and turn them back into spaces.
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! WTG!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Thank you!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Beautiful difference! Keep it up, it looks great! I'm sure it feels great, too. Thats about where I was when I started and I feel 10 years younger.
  • flying_inside
    flying_inside Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You rock.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You look so fantastic!! Congrats!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u look GREAT! i have 20 more lbs to lose my goal is 135. you truly look amazing!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on having your hard work pay off!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    great transformation; keep up the great work!
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. Your progress is amazing.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!