Huge Problem With Veggies Lately!

Options
2»

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas or alternatives. I was thinking of trying the green smoothies again. How much greens is enough for one day. Could I cram them all into one meal and not have to worry about it for the rest of the day?

You should be eating nine servings of fruit and vegetables a day from the full rainbow of colours - blue/ purple, red, green, yellow/ orange - so perhaps two greens to get a balance but dropping to one won't kill you for a while, greens are not innately more healthy than other bright/ dark colours.

What don't you like about the green smoothies? Are you only having greens in them no other produce? Two servings of mixed berries completely disguises a serving of green beans and avocado in the blend. Today I had spinach, banana, canned pumpkin and peanut butter, can't taste the spinach whatsoever. Some recipes here that are meant to be good
    http://www.marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/category/food/sane/smoothies

Soups are another good option, if you use frozen veggies you don't need much cooking at all so don't kill the nutrients, can also be blended into tomato pasta sauce.