Supplements for Weight Loss

Options
myftnesspal has been of real help in my weight loss journey, mostly by helping me keep track of my daily calorie intake. One problem that comes up repeatedly, however, is losing the last 10 pounds. The second problem, maintaining the weight. Third, side effects of weight loss like hairfall and fatigue. (Some people may even see other serious side effcts, like insulin resistance, depression, autoimmune diseases, as a result of prolonged unhealthy eating habits). Well, in any case, the most important thing is to be healthy from inside and approach a healthy weight loss plan. I have benefitted tremendously by adding essential vitamins and supplements to my daily diet and would love to hear from people who have taken the same path.
After some amount of research, I have come across reports that indicate that a lot of us are deficient in certain vital nutrients and it is of utmost importance to supplement our diet with these vital elements that would help us thrive. The most important ones in my opinion are Vitamin D3, Good Quality Omegas and of course B-Vitamins. A lot of people are also deficient in Magnesium nowadays. It is always advisable, however to consult a physician before starting any supplements as some of them may interact with other prescription medications. What supplements do you take?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    None of my hair fell out during weight loss since I didn't starve myself. If you eat at a small deficit then you won't have any health problems because you still get all your nutrients if you eat as clean as you can most of the time.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any hair loss, insulin resistance, depression, or autoimmune diseases, and the only vitamins I take are the two my doctor says I am deficient in for other health reasons. If you are having issues, then you are EATING TOO FREAKING LITTLE.
  • Brovy
    Brovy Posts: 11
    Options
    Supplements are not good and we should avoid to sue supplements specially for weight lose. A natural way is the best to lose weight. Exercise and diet both are good and natural ways so in my opinion we should follow these tools to lose weight not supplements.
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    "For most people, unless you alter your diet and get daily exercise, no supplement is going to have a big impact," Manore said. read through this source www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120306131646.htm
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    myftnesspal has been of real help in my weight loss journey, mostly by helping me keep track of my daily calorie intake. One problem that comes up repeatedly, however, is losing the last 10 pounds. The second problem, maintaining the weight. Third, side effects of weight loss like hairfall and fatigue. (Some people may even see other serious side effcts, like insulin resistance, depression, autoimmune diseases, as a result of prolonged unhealthy eating habits). Well, in any case, the most important thing is to be healthy from inside and approach a healthy weight loss plan. I have benefitted tremendously by adding essential vitamins and supplements to my daily diet and would love to hear from people who have taken the same path.
    After some amount of research, I have come across reports that indicate that a lot of us are deficient in certain vital nutrients and it is of utmost importance to supplement our diet with these vital elements that would help us thrive. The most important ones in my opinion are Vitamin D3, Good Quality Omegas and of course B-Vitamins. A lot of people are also deficient in Magnesium nowadays. It is always advisable, however to consult a physician before starting any supplements as some of them may interact with other prescription medications. What supplements do you take?
    You really wouldn't know if you were deficient unless you've have you own blood tested and assessed. Many "reports" make statements that you are deficient so they can sell you supplements. Most supplements aren't needed if you are eating well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition