Hunting and fishing friends? Christians?

Options
Can I get some support from the outdoors community? I'm a bow and gun hunter who wants to be in tip-top shape for the 2013 season and would like support from others who are looking to do the same. I am also a Christian and welcome Christian friends.

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I try to always be positive and to support people who join MFP after years of struggling with weight problems as I did....... but I am really sorry, I struggle to understand how a committed 'Christian' can hunt and shoot poor defenceless animals for 'sport'.

Not wanting to be offensive to you as a person but felt very strongly about this aspect of your post.

Regards

Linda
  • I try to always be positive and to support people who join MFP after years of struggling with weight problems as I did....... but I am really sorry, I struggle to understand how a committed 'Christian' can hunt and shoot poor defenceless animals for 'sport'.

Not wanting to be offensive to you as a person but felt very strongly about this aspect of your post.

Regards

Linda

I certainly hope you are a strict Vegan, because otherwise your post is the height of hypocrisy. There is nothing morally wrong with hunting and eating animals. I was raised in a Christian home of hunters and fishermen, and I am offended by YOUR post. If you're a strict vegan--no eating animal products, no leather belts or handbags, then I can at least respect your views. Otherwise, you're a huge hypocrite.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I try to always be positive and to support people who join MFP after years of struggling with weight problems as I did....... but I am really sorry, I struggle to understand how a committed 'Christian' can hunt and shoot poor defenceless animals for 'sport'.

Regards

Linda

The hell? Dude, I'm an atheist and I didn't take offense at any of his post. Hunting and fishing is not done for sport, most hunters actually eat the animals they kill. It's an activity with a community and culture behind it. Dude wants some similar minded friends. That'll help him on here on MFP. It's good for him to seek that out.

Also, yeah - if you're not a vegan (and a strict one), I'm gonna laugh.

OP - unfortunately, I'm neither Christian nor a hunter. But we have lots of outdoorsy type people here, you'll find lots of friends who share that!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    My husband is a hunter and a Christian. Unfortunately, he does not use the social aspect of this site. I just wanted to show my support to the op. My husband has fed many needy families with the deer meat he has harvested. The hunters that I know are the true conservationist and lovers of wildlife. They are vital to a healthy animal population.
  • pwindahl
    pwindahl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You said that better than I could say it myself. Thank you for your support.
  • pwindahl
    pwindahl Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Regards

Linda

The hell? Dude, I'm an atheist and I didn't take offense at any of his post. Hunting and fishing is not done for sport, most hunters actually eat the animals they kill. It's an activity with a community and culture behind it. Dude wants some similar minded friends. That'll help him on here on MFP. It's good for him to seek that out.

Also, yeah - if you're not a vegan (and a strict one), I'm gonna laugh.

OP - unfortunately, I'm neither Christian nor a hunter. But we have lots of outdoorsy type people here, you'll find lots of friends who share that!

I have. And I thank you.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Lindaendall's Food Diary For:Prev Wednesday December 12, 2012 Next Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    Nescafe - Decaf Coffee With Semi Skimmed Milk, 2 mug 23 3 0 3 0 10
    Sainsbury's Basics - Frozen Berry Mix, 100 g 29 6 0 1 0 3
    Easiyo - Low Fat Greek Yoghurt, 100 grams 66 8 1 6 0 0
    Aldi - Really Nutty Muesli, 15 grams 57 10 1 1 0 1
    Quick Tools
    Copy to todayCopy to date
    Copy to which date?Sunday, December 30Saturday, December 29TomorrowTodayYesterdayTuesday, December 25Monday, December 24 175 27 2 11 0 14
    Dinner
    Generic - Mushroom Quiche, 4.5 oz 199 0 10 0 267 0
    Salad - Basic Mixed Salad- Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Radishes, Pepper, 2 cup 25 5 0 0 0 3
    Latte - Latte, 12 oz 150 13 2 10 106 0
    Quick Tools
    Copy to which date?Sunday, December 30Saturday, December 29TomorrowTodayYesterdayTuesday, December 25Monday, December 24 374 18 12 10 373 3
    Afternoon Tea
    Quick Tools
    Copy to which date?Sunday, December 30Saturday, December 29TomorrowTodayYesterdayTuesday, December 25Monday, December 24
    Tea
    Average Generic - Roast Lamb: Leg, Lean W.Fat, Roasted, 2 oz 306 0 11 59 112 0
    Carrots - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 2 tbsp 7 2 0 0 11 1
    Bisto Best - Roast Beef Gravy, 50 ml 13 3 0 0 26 0
    Cabbage - Savoy, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 1 cup, shredded 35 8 0 3 35 4
    Cauliflower - Cooked, boiled, drained, with salt, 0.5 cup (1" pieces) 14 3 0 1 150 2
    Potatoes - Roasted In Sunflower Oil, 100 grams 149 26 5 3 0 0
    Hershey's - Black Forest Mini Cheesecake, 76 grams 187 19 11 3

Sorry I couldnt copy and paste this in a prettier way, but I just had to call her out on NOT being a vegan.
    100% hypocrite