New people

This morning I thought to myself, "Hrmm, lets look through the introduce yourself forums and see if there are any interesting people there to become friends with". I did and half of you haven't even bothered to fill out your profiles. How are we suppose to know if we would be good friend matches if we dont know anything about you? Its a good idea to show your commitment to your journey by telling us about yourself before asking for friends.

Replies

• sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Well said
  • Marieevans813
    Marieevans813 Posts: 45 Member
    Just getting started today. I have failed many, many times. I am hoping engaging support is going to make the difference. :smile:
  • When I joined up the first thing I did was write my profile!

Not just for other people but also as a reminder to myself of what I want to achieve and why I am here. x
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Dauntlessness is someone amazing. That is all I have to say about that :flowerforyou:
  • Starting over again. I need to get myself motivated, a fresh start for the new year.
  • Marieevans813
    Marieevans813 Posts: 45 Member
    Me too!! I am the mom of a teenager and a tween and sick of the same things!! Good luck!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    This morning I thought to myself, "Hrmm, lets look through the introduce yourself forums and see if there are any interesting people there to become friends with". I did and half of you haven't even bothered to fill out your profiles. How are we suppose to know if we would be good friend matches if we dont know anything about you? Its a good idea to show your commitment to your journey by telling us about yourself before asking for friends.

Totally True! I was gonna send you a FR but then I saw you loved hello kitty stuff and I was like ehh, run the other way. :flowerforyou:
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Dauntless may be into hello kitty, but she is a good friend to have. she is a good positive individual to help you in your journey.
  • Hi,
    I am new here as of yesterday! I did write my profile - thanks for mentioning that.

Hoping to gain some motiviation and share ideas with others.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Dauntlessness is someone amazing. That is all I have to say about that :flowerforyou:

Your so sweet. You are too! Perc is one of the most dedicated friends I have ever met. Much love <3
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntless may be into hello kitty, but she is a good friend to have. she is a good positive individual to help you in your journey.

Right back at you! We haven't know each other that long but you have been sooo supportive. Thanks so much for that!
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Thanks for letting us noobs know about profiles. I've been using MFP on my phone and there is no spot for us to add profiles. I didn't see that there was even an option for it until today, when I found the communities!

Edit: I added my profile! :happy:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Wow...really? You are going to start picking on new people who might still be trying to figure things out???? Just wow.

Anywho....welcome to the new people. Hope that as you figure out all the things with MFP website and app, that you know that not everyone is totally rigid. There are some pretty cool, funny and understanding peeps about so have fun and keep at it :D
  • Dauntlessness
    Wow...really? You are going to start picking on new people who might still be trying to figure things out???? Just wow.

Anywho....welcome to the new people. Hope that as you figure out all the things with MFP website and app, that you know that not everyone is totally rigid. There are some pretty cool, funny and understanding peeps about so have fun and keep at it :D

You are just one of my favorite people on here. ;) I love when someone judges others when they do almost the exact same things.

SO then, you have all these requirements from friends but you think its not okay for me to say a friendly "Hey, you might want to tell us a little about yourself before you send friend requests"??? Really.....
  • PikaKnight
    That's on "my" profile. I don't go making a forum thread wagging my finger at all the new people. And where does it say they have to have "their' profile filled out as well? Nice try, but what I said in the thread and what is on my profile doesn't make me a hypocrit.
  • PikaKnight
    And to add..I don't need them to prove anything via their profile for me to add them.

I don't think that someone who has this huge story or lots of info on their profile is any more or less committed to their goals as one who may have little to nothing on their profile.

I prefer to give people a chance to prove themselves through actual things that matter....like logging their foods and exercise...asking questions if they have any...and lending support when they are able.
  • PikaKnight

You are just one of my favorite people on here. ;) I love when someone judges others when they do almost the exact same things.

SO then, you have all these requirements from friends but you think its not okay for me to say a friendly "Hey, you might want to tell us a little about yourself before you send friend requests"??? Really.....

So..decided that posting my entire profile wasn't such a good idea? Smart and appreciate you taking that off because the thread isn't about what is on my profile...
  • Dauntlessness
    Oh dang, MFP deleted the quote I posted from your profile. That's convenient for you. Well then...hrmmm

I will be sure not to quote from profiles anymore but I still want to make my point so, I will use what "some people" have on their profiles without naming any names and in my own words.

Here they are:

They will ONLY be friends with you if you leave a message with your request

If your not going to be active or you add a bunch of friends( I guess if the number gets too high and this person doesn't get attention from you and thinks you are just friending people for the # of them ), I think you will be deleted...

If you eat too little, you will be deleted. If you are confused about it, he or she will tell you where to get the info. He or she will also give you info on how other people have been successful because , you know, everyone is the same.

If you dont show what him or her the food you are eating. don't even bother. If he or she doesn't have every bit of info on you, your not worth their time.

As far as this:
    That's on "my" profile. I don't go making a forum thread wagging my finger at all the new people. And where does it say they have to have "their' profile filled out as well? Nice try, but what I said in the thread and what is on my profile doesn't make me a hypocrit.

Hahaha Your being hippocratic yet again. Your doing the exact same thing to me in this thread. I see you all over these forums trying to tell people "do this, not that" "This is my opinion" and then you argue when people don't agree with you. You interfered with this topic and wagged your finger at me. No one else had an issue with it until you came along. I was just giving new people a heads up "Filling out your profile before sending a friend request is a good idea, this might help you". That is all. This is on you, not me. Chill out girly.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Oh dang, MFP deleted the quote I posted from your profile. That's convenient for you. Well then...hrmmm

I will be sure not to quote from profiles anymore but I still want to make my point so, I will use what "some people" have on their profiles without naming any names and in my own words.

Here they are:

They will ONLY be friends with you if you leave a message with your request

If your not going to be active or you add a bunch of friends( I guess if the number gets too high and this person doesn't get attention from you and thinks you are just friending people for the # of them ), I think you will be deleted...

If you eat too little, you will be deleted. If you are confused about it, he or she will tell you where to get the info. He or she will also give you info on how other people have been successful because , you know, everyone is the same.

If you dont show what him or her the food you are eating. don't even bother. If he or she doesn't have every bit of info on you, your not worth their time.

As far as this:

Hahaha Your being hippocratic yet again. Your doing the exact same thing to me in this thread. I see you all over these forums trying to tell people "do this, not that" "This is my opinion" and then you argue when people don't agree with you. You interfered with this topic and wagged your finger at me. No one else had an issue with it until you came along. I was just giving new people a heads up "Filling out your profile before sending a friend request is a good idea, this might help you". That is all. This is on you, not me. Chill out girly.

i agree its better if ppl fill out their stuff. why go looking for friends on here if u havnt even filled out your stuff? it dosnt have to be a freakin essay just a few words in each catagory will do. she isnt talking down to them shes just saying that it would be a good idea to fill it out for yourself and other ppl on here....
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    and it says on your profile your not easily offended???