Lovely NSVs

Options
Just a two quick little NSVs: Over the holidays we had lots of family visiting, and my fiancée and I passed the camera back and forth a lot to document the festivities. As I looked through the photos last night, I had to stop and look at one that my fiancée had taken from our sunroom looking into the dining room. My brother sat at the table, and I had to look twice at the woman standing next to him, watching the video he was showing her on his iPad. It was a full-length shot from behind of a skinny woman. It couldn't have been my aunt, because she was visible in the background, hovering over the hors d'oeurves. It was me! Not only had I not seen a picture of myself from behind in years, but knowing that "the camera adds 10 lbs" it took a while to compute that the tushy in the jeans I was looking at was my own.

The other NSV is kind related to that one. You know how Wal-Mart has security cameras and televisions set up so that you can see yourself as you walk in? I have also done a few double takes when I've caught myself in them. Who's that skinny lady walking in next to my fiancée? Oh, that's me!

Replies

• MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This should have its own name -- the double-take NSV. How awesome for you! I look forward to confusing myself that way one day!
  • mcmcmcshane
    mcmcmcshane Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome! I had a similar NSV when I was looking at a picture & didn't recognize myself. It's a crazy feeling!
    Keep up the great work!!
  • Wyiauta
    Options
    What does NSV mean?
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the week happened at our family Christmas get together as well. It was either my niece-in-law or sister-in-law that looked at me and said, "You have the body of a teenager!" And I am 57. All that hard work in the gym lifting weights is paying off!
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean?

Non-scale victory.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    NSV = non scale victory
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Well done for so much weight lost
  • mayerrocks
    mayerrocks Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nsv

Non Scale Victory

a dieting and weight loss term for noticing your weight loss success off the scale.

A NSV is getting rid of clothes because they are too big.

Shopping in the "regular" stores is a nsv.

You can use this urban-dictionary to lookup all those cool words that you have no idea what it means, and you're ashamed to ask....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!