Wonderful NSV. I'm happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! Keep up the awesomeness!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Great job! Don't give up when you are discriminated against.

I experienced size discrimination a couple of years ago. I was excited to finally see "Honk If You're Horny" at the local movie theater. You might remember it, starring Faye Dunaway and Pauly Shore.

When I asked for my ticket, the kid at the window said that he had to check with the manager first. So, then, the manager comes over and tells me, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I'm afraid our facilities are not equipped to meet your needs."

:huh:

When I asked what he meant by that, he replied, "What I'm saying, sir, is that a man of your carriage couldn't possibly fit in our seats." I offered to sit in the aisle, but he said that it would violate the fire code.

Then, some guy standing by the door yelled, "Hey, Fatty! I've got a movie for ya: A Fridge Too Far!" as everyone outside the theater began to laugh at me. The manager sensed my rising anger, and tried to placate me with a free garbage bag full of popcorn. Before leaving with what little dignity I had remaining, I told him, "This may surprise you, but you can't buy me off with food. I'm sick of all your stereotypes and cheap jokes! The overweight individuals in this country are just as smart and talented and hard working as everybody else. And they're going to make their voices heard!"

Today, my voice is heard, here on MyFitnessPal. Don't let "The Man" keep you down!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I hope you had a great time!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Awesome!!!! :bigsmile:
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    awesome job! i'm proud of you!
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I flew to see my girlfriend on New Years and I was ecstatic that I not only fit in the seat comfortably but I could cross my legs IN my own seat area and be comfy too.

I was *shocked* by how much more comfy it was to fly, nothing like that 8 hours of misery when I went to HI.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congratlations! That is awesome! Best of luck in your upcoming trip next month and have a blast!

Sheila
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Big congrats to you. Real proof that changes in your body are real.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!