'new' here, looking for people in similar situation

Options
Hey everyone! I'm 21, 22 in Feb. I have roughly 11-26 lbs left to lose in my journey, as I'm not sure what my goal weight is. I've lost about 60 lbs from my highest weight 240/242?, I'm 5'6.75-(I claim 5'7) and looking for others who are around the same age or that are in the last leg of their weight loss journey. Looking for 'others so we can motivate each other, set goals for ourselves, and challenge ourselves physically. I'd like to lose 11 lbs by the end of January, and hopefully get to my final goal my the end of February. I'm starting the second part of Insanity on Monday :). I'm getting a HRM so I can get my correct calories burned so I know how much calories to eat. I ultimately want to get my body fat in the 20-25% range. I am at 31% now. This is definitely not a diet for me but a lifestyle change.
Anyone else??

Replies

• maczwright
    Options
    I'm also 21 and 5'7". But I've just started my weight loss journey over again. I had my son in March of 2011 and was 10 pounds away from my goal weight when I got pregnant again in 2012. I just had my daughter and had gained 40 pounds with her. So, everything I had lost was gained back. Now, I'm starting over. I have about 42 pounds to go. :)
  • lindseynyfarmer
    Options
    Im also 21 and 5'7. Ive lost about 65-70 in total so far. Only about 40-50 more lbs to go! It always helps when you have someone along for the ride with you!
  • sheldonvaughn
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sheldon. I just joined yesterday. I am 6'1 used to be 260. Now I weigh 215. I am 4 weeks through a rigid diet, workout plan. My goal is to lose 20 more pounds so I can be 195. At one point I was actually down to this much as I did a 15 day juice fast which caused me to lose about 25 pounds in a 15 day period. Obviously the bounce back was horrible, and did not work. If you can name a diet, i've tried it. Now I'm just going for slow methodical body building and weight loss. My body fat percentage is about 20-21% finally, my goal is to get down to 9, which I know will take a lot of time.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm also 21 and 5'7". But I've just started my weight loss journey over again. I had my son in March of 2011 and was 10 pounds away from my goal weight when I got pregnant again in 2012. I just had my daughter and had gained 40 pounds with her. So, everything I had lost was gained back. Now, I'm starting over. I have about 42 pounds to go. :)

Well congrats on your new baby! :) before you know it you'll be at 22 lbs to go, then 15, 10, 5 and goal!
  • aliciab307
    Options
    Im also 21 and 5'7. Ive lost about 65-70 in total so far. Only about 40-50 more lbs to go! It always helps when you have someone along for the ride with you!

yes it does, so glad to see there are some girls in the same scenario. Do you have a goal weight in mind? I don't have one yet. I've never been below 170 since I was 15 and I was about 5'5 then. I'm now 5'7 and have about 11 lbs to go to get to 170. So 170 is my first goal and then I'll lose weight by 5-10 lbs increments. I would love to know your goal.
  • aliciab307
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sheldon. I just joined yesterday. I am 6'1 used to be 260. Now I weigh 215. I am 4 weeks through a rigid diet, workout plan. My goal is to lose 20 more pounds so I can be 195. At one point I was actually down to this much as I did a 15 day juice fast which caused me to lose about 25 pounds in a 15 day period. Obviously the bounce back was horrible, and did not work. If you can name a diet, i've tried it. Now I'm just going for slow methodical body building and weight loss. My body fat percentage is about 20-21% finally, my goal is to get down to 9, which I know will take a lot of time.

Wow congrats Sheldon on your success! you have done an amazing job!
  • aliciab307
    Options

Also what is your goal? If you have one in mind.
  • lindseynyfarmer
    Options

yes it does, so glad to see there are some girls in the same scenario. Do you have a goal weight in mind? I don't have one yet. I've never been below 170 since I was 15 and I was about 5'5 then. I'm now 5'7 and have about 11 lbs to go to get to 170. So 170 is my first goal and then I'll lose weight by 5-10 lbs increments. I would love to know your goal.

My overall goal weight is 150 lbs! my goal weight by this summer is 160-165. I am 195 now, im not sure what my BF% is at the moment. Coming from around 260 i feel so close to my goal weight, but so far because my weight loss has slowed down A LOT!
  • kshaikh1991
    kshaikh1991 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey congrats fo ur baby
  • aliciab307
    Options

My overall goal weight is 150 lbs! my goal weight by this summer is 160-165. I am 195 now, im not sure what my BF% is at the moment. Coming from around 260 i feel so close to my goal weight, but so far because my weight loss has slowed down A LOT!

Well congrats, you've done an awesome job so far! I'm thinking 155 will be my final goal but its hard to tell since I've never 'been' there and I've changed so much. I only know BF% from my measurements and plugging them into this calculator. I know what you mean, my weight loss per month has slowed down so much, almost half of what it was when I first began