what was your christmas nsv?

Options

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed up. Usually I put on my "comfy waist" trousers and and a baggy top. This year I couldn't decide which dress to wear!
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I danced for probably 3 hours straight and was the only one never wanting to quit. Yes we were all alcohol fueled, but I was the one who insisted on dropping to the ground to show everyone all the pushups I could do. Embarrassingly funny, but one of the best nights of my life. So much fun not being someone who sits on the sidelines of life because she is too out of shape (like I have been for the last 15 years...) I was SO SORE the next day! And loved it.

Your post made me smile - what an awesome night you had!!!!!!! Congrats on your stamina and fitnes!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I was given a size XL sweater by my BIL. Naturally, my first reaction was "WTF YOU THINK I'M STILL AN XL?!" (I'm a small/medium currently). He was all "Well it looked REALLY small!". So, I tried it on, and it fit. Then, I saw the tag, and noticed that it said "girls"......

He got me a sweater from the freaking kid's department (he said it must have been in the wrong place, because he was shopping for me in the women's department), and that thing fit. He's still exchanging it though, because he understands my reluctance to wear children's clothing.

My BIL is a bit of a dope, but I love him.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I threw out the leftover chips and dip.
  • sagefitnessfanatic
    Options
    I didn't have one but I enjoyed reading everyone else's...made me smile : ) Congrats, guys! Keep up the great work!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Only eating half of this huge tin of chocolate cookies someone gifted me and then giving it to my ex-wife. I know it doesn't sound like much but it's all I got.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the compliments from family I haven't seen since 'before.' Also, my husband posted a pic of me on facebook (he's on, I deactivated mine awhile ago) and hearing the comments he read to me from friends about my weight loss!

And, my mom always buys all of us pajamas for Christmas, it's a tradition. She wasn't sure what size to get me but got a size large set of pj's. I wouldn't have been sure either but tried them on that night and found they were too big! They are in the comfy/baggy phase so I won't need to return them, but I won't be able to wear them for long!:drinker: That was my favorite NSV honestly because for so long, everything has been 1X or XL, occasionally 2X and now a L is too big. Hooray!
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My Dad commenting that I looked REALLY good. He doesn't comment on stuff like this!

Oh, and also, taking over the box of chocolates that I got as a gift to my sisters place so I wouldn't eat them.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Going shopping for Christmas Clothes and actually enjoying it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Squeezing into a size 2 jean? Umm being told that from the back my dad said he couldn't tell my cousin and I apart and she is 14 and never had kids lol. She also wear's a size 0 in jeans.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1) I threw out the extra shortbread cookies I had after a party -- for reals.

2) I went for a hour long walk at 6 km/hr with an incline for the 3 days I was at my in-laws over Christmas.
  • _namaste_
    Options
    Ooooh I thought of a rather embarrassing one... I was chatting with my husbands family (MIL, FIL and his Grandma) about yoga and how amazing it has been for me. I got on the topic of one of my favourite poses, and how proud I was to first be able to execute it (it's an arm balance) and then to learn how to execute not only that move but that move INTO a headstand and back down. They made me show them... so I had to go put on yoga pants as my jeans wouldn't make the cut and show them crow into headstand in the middle of my living room in front of the Christmas tree. LOL!!!! It was nice though for others to see/notice the strength, balance, focus I have gained through yoga in the past couple of years. :)
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I was able to shop for cute boots and was able to zip them up over my formally fat calves!
  • _namaste_
    Options
    Squeezing into a size 2 jean? Umm being told that from the back my dad said he couldn't tell my cousin and I apart and she is 14 and never had kids lol. She also wear's a size 0 in jeans.

Nice job!!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I thought of a rather embarrassing one... I was chatting with my husbands family (MIL, FIL and his Grandma) about yoga and how amazing it has been for me. I got on the topic of one of my favourite poses, and how proud I was to first be able to execute it (it's an arm balance) and then to learn how to execute not only that move but that move INTO a headstand and back down. They made me show them... so I had to go put on yoga pants as my jeans wouldn't make the cut and show them crow into headstand in the middle of my living room in front of the Christmas tree. LOL!!!! It was nice though for others to see/notice the strength, balance, focus I have gained through yoga in the past couple of years. :)

LOL I was asked to do something similar the other night. It was after work and all my tiny friends who have never had kids or been over weight started sprouting off how flexable they were, and one did something with her leg, so I put my leg over my head and then a back bend and then a split. It was pretty impressive to them lol, that them at 18 can do it but me at 30 can do it lol.
  • _namaste_
    Options

LOL I was asked to do something similar the other night. It was after work and all my tiny friends who have never had kids or been over weight started sprouting off how flexable they were, and one did something with her leg, so I put my leg over my head and then a back bend and then a split. It was pretty impressive to them lol, that them at 18 can do it but me at 30 can do it lol.

BAM! That is really awesome. And after kids too! I have 3 wee ones myself and many people are surprised to learn that which is a NSV too I guess.
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My Mom wanted to take a thousand pictures of the family and of my sisters and I together and I didn't hate any of them. Usually I duck from the camera and then go back and delete ones I don't like, but this year was great! I was just so happy because that has NEVER happened before! I also got many compliments on my dress, which is the smallest size I have ever worn before!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a sweater dress, but would never get one. Let's face it, they are not forgiving. My daughters gave me a couple for Christmas. They fit & looked good- no lumpy bits hanging out.
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    avoided all the food at work on Fri (we had xmas cookies fresh baked, donuts, pizza, chocolates)

avoided all the desserts at my dads on xmas (was offered cookies, ice cream, chocolates) and ate my dinner in moderation
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a sweater dress, but would never get one. Let's face it, they are not forgiving. My daughters gave me a couple for Christmas. They fit & looked good- no lumpy bits hanging out.

Wow thats amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!