Buying a treadmill- advice for a first timer

Options
I am looking to purchase a treadmill pretty soon. Now, I know that there are a lot of tradeoffs when you buy a cheaper treadmill over a more expensive one, but I figured that there are some people on here who have purchased a treadmill and can recommend a good one. Here are my three requirements:

- Made for running, can handle 15-20 miles a week
- In the low $1000 price range or less
- A folding treadmill is preferred

Anyone have any helpful suggestions? I have heard some people swear by their cheaper models, but I have also heard it is a good idea to buy a used, high quality treadmill. I don't know which brands to look for or anything, so any information will help me a lot! Thanks :)

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Check out NordicTrack's website for sales on discontinuted or overstock models. I've had great luck with my elliptical and stationary bike from them. They deliver right to your home and the products are very good quality. I have a used Proform treadmill now and it's alright but really noisy and I have to adjust the belt all the time.
  • emmagreenie
    Options
    Yeah, I totally agree with Mokey! Getting the closeout models is the smartest move, because you still get a brand new treadmill with the warranty, but you don't have to pay anywhere near full price. NordicTrack has one of their incline trainers (the 7Xi) on closeout right now, and if I didn't already have my treadmill, I would snatch this one up! One of my really good friends has the 9Xi, which is one model up from the 7Xi, but I love that treadmill! The incline trainers give the option for really steep hills, or a 6% decline. Perfect for race training, or just switching up a workout.

An added bonus is that if you use the NordicTrack coupon from Treadmill Review Guru, (http://www.treadmillreviewguru.com/treadmill-coupons/) it will take off an extra $60 from the price. $1,240.00 with free shipping is a great deal for this machine.