im sorry if i offend

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    not everyone who is slim wants to be slim.

some are tired of feeling weak and powerless.
    some are dying to be strong.

and just because you are thin doesn't mean you aren't crying your heart out on the inside every day of your life.

quite the opposite, removing all the excess weight between you and the world leaves you vulnerable, unprotected and humiliated unless you deal with the things inside that make you cry.

Cause if you lose all the weight, and face none of the demons... you'll just be staring at those pictures wondering why you're thin but you are still crying inside.

Dont assume that not fat = happy. You couldnt be more wrong.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    not everyone who is slim wants to be slim.

some are tired of feeling weak and powerless.
    some are dying to be strong.

and just because you are thin doesn't mean you aren't crying your heart out on the inside every day of your life.

quite the opposite, removing all the excess weight between you and the world leaves you vulnerable, unprotected and humiliated unless you deal with the things inside that make you cry.

Cause if you lose all the weight, and face none of the demons... you'll just be staring at those pictures wondering why you're thin but you are still crying inside.

Dont assume that not fat = happy. You couldnt be more wrong.

What she said.

And if you want to know their stories? Visit the Success Stories forum. A great number of the thin people on this site have lost a lot of weight. Several of my friends here have lost over 100 lbs, and there is nothing but your own will that stands in the way of you joining their ranks.

You have the desire, clearly, but the question is whether you are willing to make the effort every frickin' day, even when you don't seem to be going anywhere. With enough willpower and want-to, you can earn the body you deserve.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This post confuses the heck out of me.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    but i look at peoples pictures on here and often wonder about the people in the pictures. i see slim people who i think 'why do they need to slim' and 'i wish i was that slim'. then i see big people like me and wonder if they are struggling like me. yea, i am big, i put on a smile but inside i am crying. crying out to be slim and at least look good.

has it not occurred to you that these 'slim' people might once have been terribly overweight and incredibly inactive and have earned the right to post a 'slim' photo of themselves??

you can also do this...but you must never ever use other people as a yardstick of your successes. Stick at a training and nutrition programme and take each day as it comes..you will then be one of those 'slim' people who has a profile picture.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Huh.

Get with the winners.
    Life is a box of chocolates.
    Go Hard or go home.
    Just do it.

KEEP PUNCHING!!!!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    but i look at peoples pictures on here and often wonder about the people in the pictures. i see slim people who i think 'why do they need to slim' and 'i wish i was that slim'. then i see big people like me and wonder if they are struggling like me. yea, i am big, i put on a smile but inside i am crying. crying out to be slim and at least look good.

This is a fitness community not a weight loss board. There are many people here with different goals or needs. People with ED's that need to track what they eat in order to get to their daily calorie goal and not be on a deflect. Others are have reached there goal for say there weight but not for there fitness goal.... lots of different things

I'm not hating on you or trying to be negative just trying to open your eyes to that fact that it is a fitness cmmunity not a weight loss one.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    this site definitely isn't for a certain size person. the last month i've been using it only to make sure i hit 30% protein of 4000 calories. i was fine just writing down what i ate in a logbook, but this site is has helped me perfect my accountability. keep yourself accountable and everything will fall into place
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Never compare yourself to others... compare yourself to who you were yesterday. Always look to better yourself in perspective of yourself. That's the track I'm on and I'm ok with it!! :)
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I mostly agree with what others have said. People are here for different reasons - some just to be healthier, some to lose a little, some to lose a lot, some to maintain, some to increase exercise, some to gain weight. . . I view it as a site to find folks with healthy goals and to align yourself with those that can inspire or motivate you.

And no matter what, I assume all of us struggle with something some of the time... even if they look slim and gorgeous doing it. :-)

Best of luck to you!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think some people post pictures of someone they want to look like as well.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    One thing I can suggest is to pour over the before and after section... it'll change your life and your thinking! So many wonderful members that come here to make changes in their life, to lose weight, to gain weight, to maintain, to recover from ED's... MFP is a wonderful mixture of it all:drinker:

When I click on ever thread that's a photo thread of before and afters on the board it's beyond amazing to me, I guarantee you'll have an attitude change when you start clicking around and realize because someone's profile photos is now slim doesn't mean it's always been!:wink:

Look down the road, you too can become that person you dream to be, a healthy vital person that is proud of all your hard work.

Cheers for your future, you CAN do this!!:heart::flowerforyou:
    I think some people post pictures of someone they want to look like as well.
    this is true as well!!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Why do people joint weight watchers for life? Personally, I know I'm going to need this site for a very long time. I've reached goal weight, but overeating is still a problem for me.

Also, and someone else may have already said this - I haven't read all of the replies - but you're making the assumption people are posting their own photos. Some post photos of people they want to look like when they reach goal.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to lose. I'm here for maintenance and to track my exercise and macros. No offense taken, though. :flowerforyou:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i look at those pics of the people who look awesome, and use it for motivation!!! i actually come on each morning before i start my day, and look at the success stories, and all of the before and after picrures; every single morning! it gives me great motivation each day to make good choices and follow "my plan" in order to see the results i want!
  • iampaulinegiles
    Options
    I started on MFP on Dec 6, 2010 with Beachbody workouts. I used this to keep track of what I ate etc.

I am 5'8 - My start weight was 162 lbs. In 5 months & 10 days I got myself down to 120 lbs.

I've come and gone with MFP during these years...I recently got back into MFP for different reason.

I am preparing myself into a competition with THE WBFF in 2014. I am working on my body to build muscles and get definition.

I use MFP to make new friends, motivation, to be that motivator to some people as well & to see what is on the message board.

Hope you're journey goes well :flowerforyou:
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Some of the pictures aren't of them but what they want to look like. Many can be old pictures Don't believe everything you see
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Have you ever watched the movie Catfish... or the show? Don't assume they are really them in the pictures. PS... that's me in my picture thought!! :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    When I first joined here, I saw a lot of people who looked great, and thought, "WTF are they doing HERE?!" That was two years ago. Six months later, I reached my goal weight. I'm still here. Today marks my 730th day straight. I've been here every single day for exactly two years.

What I learned is that it's never "over." I'm not looking to lose any more weight, but I'm still doing everything I did to lose weight. I'm still tracking my food and exercise and setting new goals for myself. And I'm still learning every day, too.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Make some changes to your eating & moving ....... baby steps work well if you can't do a massive overhaul .......

Either way, soon you'll be posting pictures & showing off your own accomplishments !
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Personally... I feel that we are all here for one common goal - to better ourselves, be healthy, and be the best and healthiest version of us that we can be. Some of us have more to lose, some of us have less to lose.. Some just want to tone up and some just want to eat healthier and workout more for the health benefits. Also, everyone carries their weight differently... and while in photos they may appear to not have much to lose it is not always the case. I want to lose 25-30 lbs... and that would put me in a healthy range. We all have different goals for different reasons. to me it doesn't matter if my goals are bigger or smaller than yours, I just love the positive juju and the fact that we are all working toward the same goal :)