Taco Soup-Under 200 cals!

Options

Replies

• jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Natural cheese made with 2% milk .... ehm...and where is the rest 98% coming from? Cheese is normaly a milk product, that's what I call natural cheese. This stuff from Kraft sounds disgusting. Happy we don't have stuff like that over here.

It is made wtih 2% milk, it doesnt mean that the ingredients of the cheese is only 2%. Hee hee

I was just about to respond to that too...cracked me up. :wink:

This soup sounds AMAZING! I am definitely going to give it a try. Thanks!
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ah found a conversion for dry beans to canned. A heaping half-cup of dried beans = one 15-ounce can
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information, sorry I got it wrong.
    But I still think "natural cheese" is something different.
  • aBoldengirl
    Options
    ah found a conversion for dry beans to canned. A heaping half-cup of dried beans = one 15-ounce can

Thanks for the info!
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds so yummy! Looking forward to trying it.
  • ChinniP
    Options
    if you made your own taco seasoning, you could drastically cut down on the sodium. You can also rinse the beans before adding to the soup.

What a fine idea about the taco seasoning. Rinsing the beans is good too but i still think it would be less sodium to rehydrate from dry. I have to really watch the sodium thing. Everything canned is too high. So much for lazy on my part. Tho it's not too hard to soak beans overnight.
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

In the US, the word "natural" isn't regulated. They can put the word on anything. There is something called "raw milk cheese" but it can't be sold because it's unpasteurized.

HOWEVER... Natural cheeses can mean cheeses that are not processed like cottage cheese, cream cheese, cooked cheeses, or hard cheeses. Processed cheeses are things like Kraft singles, spray cheese, American cheese, and other cheese blends.

(I know way too much about cheese. No more Food Network for me!)
  • pacosal
    pacosal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options

In the US, the word "natural" isn't regulated. They can put the word on anything. There is something called "raw milk cheese" but it can't be sold because it's unpasteurized.

HOWEVER... Natural cheeses can mean cheeses that are not processed like cottage cheese, cream cheese, cooked cheeses, or hard cheeses. Processed cheeses are things like Kraft singles, spray cheese, American cheese, and other cheese blends.

(I know way too much about cheese. No more Food Network for me!)

Oh, that's interesting. But you can by Mozzarella and Mozarella is a "raw milk cheese". Or do you have a special version?
  • bren998
    bren998 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump..thanks for sharing!
  • noralynn71
    Options
    I think the 2% refers to fat content of the milk that is used to make it. Whole milk is normally 4% milkfat and the reduced fat cheese is made from milk that is 2% fat...not 2% milk!
  • patty1949
    patty1949 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you, going to try this one soon.
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChinniP
    Options
    Ok made this for lunch in the crock pot trimming the salt everywhere I could. Quite yummy and filling ... but I couldn't stop myself with one serving. :( Thankful it's lowcal. I have enough time left in the day to make up for that! :wink:
  • newjuli2012
    Options
    Natural cheese made with 2% milk .... ehm...and where is the rest 98% coming from? Cheese is normaly a milk product, that's what I call natural cheese. This stuff from Kraft sounds disgusting. Happy we don't have stuff like that over here.

so u only have whole milk cheese?
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump. looks good
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I can not wait to try this!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU
    :flowerforyou: