365 days and counting...

Options
amdahwd
amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
Today marked my 365 days on MFP. It has been such a great year with so many changes in my life! I have lost weight, gained my health back, and started enjoying physical activities - something I have never done before.

Last year at this time, I applied for a spot in an extreme makeover contest that a local gym was sponsoring. I was not on medication, but my blood pressure had begun creeping up, I was waking up every night with acid reflux and feeling like I was having a heart attack, and getting up every morning with a sore throat from the acid erosion. I had trouble putting on my clothes and tying my shoes without getting out of breath. I was not chosen for the contest but thankfully my cousin was and they were told to log their food here so it could be monitored and she passed on the information to me. I have never looked back! I am so thankful for her - she has been my rock this year (she ended up losing 138 pounds this year herself)!

I started out just walking on the treadmill at 2.5 MPH and feeling good at the end of 30 minutes that I had been able to go that long. Now I can run at 6 MPH for a few minutes and can sustain 5 MPH for at least 10 minutes. Then I picked up classes in the gym - kettlebells or weights. Then went on to do Insanity at the gym. I moved to a new town and at the new gym did the BodyPump classes. I did my first 5K in March and then got away from the running for awhile, but ended up doing another one in November and December. I finished the first one in 44:13 and my time for the last one in December at 38:13.

I have a ways to go, but plan on finishing up in the next few months with my weight loss and plan to never finish accomplishing new goals with my activities. My diet has not always been great and is far from what people call "clean", but it is working for me.

Comparison picture: Same shirt!!!
16FBE7C5-B4A1-424E-9D44-944C6F169066-1526-00000112958CBCD0.jpg

D55C6CDF-D9CD-44B8-B8C7-E2EB6C45F760-1526-0000011294A3A056.jpg

December 2012:
IMG_20121223_142743_746.jpg

Replies

• amdahwd
    Options
    Sorry - I changed the img to small letters in each picture - do not know why they are so big!
  • laurenmgrasso
    Options
    Great job! you look amazing!
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    great work, u look like u become younger
  • ncmom78
    Options
    That is awesome!!! You look great!!!!
  • nurselisamarie
    Options
    Congrats!!! you look great. thats a lot of working out, you must feel great, thanks for inspiring me!!!!
  • mclandry89
    mclandry89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    that's great!! congratulations on losing so much weight, but also those non scale victories!!!!!! super job! keep it up!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So thankful you are one of my friends, we have both come a long way together and I have been fortunate to see you from the beginning, through the ups and downs and then the ups, up, ups! Looking forward to the future with my motivational friend!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Nice work. You look awesome!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    you look fabulous..
    poke poke. you FEEL fabulous!
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look 10 years younger! Congratulations!
    (great hair style!!)
  • amdahwd
    Options
    Thanks everybody! It has been a great year. I love the "looks younger" comments! I turned 43 in August and I feel better than I did when I was much younger!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic..have a great new year!!
  • parrothead60
    parrothead60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You have been such a great inspiration to me!! Wish you were closer so you could kick my butt in person!! Just want you to know I'm so proud of you and so thankful we started this journey together......You look great!!!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Amanda- I didn't realize how far you have come. You truly look AMAZING!!! Super glad you are one of my friends! Keep it up girl. I hope I can look as good as you when I'm 40+ :smile:
  • amdahwd
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I'm sure you feel fantastic! Good for you. What an inspiration.
  • joannalt
    Options
    You look awesome young lady! You inspire me to get it together! Keep up the great job :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 1yr...and really love your results....
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Amazing job and story =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!