Need Support... PLEASE

Options
2»

Replies

• Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Then stop eating so much. It's that simple.
    It really isn't all that simple. If it were, there wouldn't be so many overweight/obese people.
    No it is that simple.

Calories in < calories out = weight loss

It's not that simple to do but weight loss is that simple.

Okay I understand now. I misunderstood. You must think of losing weight on the logical level (like my boyfriend) I think of it as more an emotional process. But in all honesty I wish I could think of it as a logical process. First, because it makes more sense that way. Second, because it's a lot less pain (emotional) and third, I just believe I'd have a higher success rate then i currently do.

As I have battled weight loss over the last 15+ years, I realize that to take this head on and with tenacity, for one, it takes a power higher than yourself. Two, it has to been looked at from a logical AND emotional point of view.

In the logic sense, it is calories in/calories out. My brother was real rigid like that. But some of us see it differently (not just girls either).
    Emotionally, it has to be a self acceptance of you now. Accept where you are at, and where you would like to go, and what you have to do to get there. Know that the process is different for you. The success stories are good to see, but don't get too caught up in the hype. You have to find what works for you, and STICK with it. Even if you fall off, come back. Don't allow one bad choice to ruin all of your hard work. Recognize what drives you to make unhealthy choices. Then, as you get a decent enough handle on that, you can begin to see the logic, as you begin to see your body change...

So, start emotionally, then add the logic when you feel you have a good understanding of your behavior on the emotional level...
  • smykael
    Options
    [/quote] Okay I understand now. I misunderstood. You must think of losing weight on the logical level (like my boyfriend) I think of it as more an emotional process. But in all honesty I wish I could think of it as a logical process. First, because it makes more sense that way. Second, because it's a lot less pain (emotional) and third, I just believe I'd have a higher success rate then i currently do.
    [/quote]

As I have battled weight loss over the last 15+ years, I realize that to take this head on and with tenacity, for one, it takes a power higher than yourself. Two, it has to been looked at from a logical AND emotional point of view.

In the logic sense, it is calories in/calories out. My brother was real rigid like that. But some of us see it differently (not just girls either).
    Emotionally, it has to be a self acceptance of you now. Accept where you are at, and where you would like to go, and what you have to do to get there. Know that the process is different for you. The success stories are good to see, but don't get too caught up in the hype. You have to find what works for you, and STICK with it. Even if you fall off, come back. Don't allow one bad choice to ruin all of your hard work. Recognize what drives you to make unhealthy choices. Then, as you get a decent enough handle on that, you can begin to see the logic, as you begin to see your body change...

So, start emotionally, then add the logic when you feel you have a good understanding of your behavior on the emotional level...
    [/quote]

That was great advice.. Thank you.