Ladies am I the Only one having this Problem?

Options
2»

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I've been there, too!

I use Amazon for the vast majority of my shopping, though I sometimes will try something on in a store to get an idea of the size I need. My jeans are NYDJ jeans that have so far been very consistent in their fit, so I don't have a problem ordering them online. If you can find a brand in your area that fits, you might want to check them out online to see what other products they have.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    What about department stores like Dillard's, Jcpenney, or Macy's? I sometimes find really good deals on clearance at macy's. I also like Old Navy, Target.
    I seem to have the same problem though, I find something I like and they have every size but the one I need. lol. Then I just end up with nothing! oh well.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I had this problem for the longest time. Thankfully I can shop "L" now. But I understand your frustration completely.
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I get discount coupons all the time to shop online and save lots of money. dealsplus.com and retailmenot.com are good websites. You can save anywhere from 10% off and up. I used it for a purchase @ kmart.com and got $25 off $125 and on black Friday I made a killing on Blu-ray disc with promo codes from these websites. I always find my size. The only problem I have is that each stores clothing sizes run differently.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I have had that same experience many times myself. I was told by a friend that I should try on the larges anyway. Sometimes clothes run larger than they appear, especially if it is made of stretch material. But that doesn't always work because when you try on something that doesn't fit it just puts a damp on your whole day. Especially when you have lost weight and you are so confident about yourself. But I have learned to shop at stores with sizes that extend beyond the "average size" without you having to dip off into the plus size section. And I've notice that none of these stores are in the mall lol. Hang in there luv :-)
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Where are you trying to shop? Most stores have "women's" sizes as well. Unless you're going to Forever 21 and those type of stores. My problem is that if you're fat, you're tall....or so manufacturers seem to believe! If I shop the women's dept. the waist is under my armpits and I'm dragging 4 inches on the bottom! I can't wait until I can get back into smallers sizes so something will actually FIT my WHOLE body!

I used to have the opposite issue, the tall pants were always in the smaller sizes, but never the bigger ones. I couldn't find pants long enough for me anywhere. For some reason where I live they must think all of the bigger girls are shorter. In the one store where I get dress pants from, they had talls for regular sizes, but as soon as you went to the Plus section, they didn't? Makes no sense at all.
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    When I was an XL, they were always out of XLs. Now I'm a small/medium, and they're always out of small/mediums.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

lol, agreed.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm finally small enough that I don't have to shop at the plus size stores, I still can if I want, but I don't have to, so I feel your frustration! I can't shop online either because I'm still losing, so never sure of the sizes. And a 20 at the plus size store is different than at the regular stores. Too bad we can't make retailers realize they need to have standard sizes whether you're a plus size store or a regular store, give women a choice in lengths of skirts, dresses and especially pants, and they need to stock more of the middle of the road sizes! :ohwell:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have a 37" inseam and am a size 5/6... everyone seems to assume that if you are tall (I'm 6'1") that you MUST be at least a size 12.
    Add to that, I have a size 12 foot, and I am so screwed for clothes it's a wonder I don't go naked all the time.

Shopping for clothes or shoes makes me wanna cry.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have this problem! Mine are usually with pants though. I am tall girl with booty and some of those jeans they make these days just don't fit right. And as far shirts go... it just depends. I think that you have to try everything on because all retail places are different!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Chico's can be expensive, but their sizing is quite generous on most things, and they do have good sales from time to time, both online and in stores. A couple of key pieces from Chico's might fit you decently most of the way through your weight loss, and could help you build a wardrobe along with the things you already have or can find locally.