The Pie

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    What were the calories and macros of this alleged pie? Can you provide the recipe? Was there any topping, like whipped cream or cool whip? Was the crust home made or store bought?

Also, and this is very important, did the pie contain any diary products?

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming your bf's father was upset that you brought the pie because you weren't asked to bring anything?

I've been in weird situations (usually with female family members) when I've brought a dish to a party and wasn't asked. It's seen as offensive to some. Not sure why. I live in the south and sometimes women get territorial when it comes to hosting and serving food. The more food the better, imo.

Chances are the father would have found anything to b!tch about. Your bf probably did try to defend you at some point but was unable to get a word in edgewise.

I wouldn't worry about it. But if you see a future with this guy, I would seriously think about what you're getting yourself into.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    What were the calories and macros of this alleged pie? Can you provide the recipe? Was there any topping, like whipped cream or cool whip? Was the crust home made or store bought?

MFP does not provide a Macros pie chart so I cannot update you accurately until there is one. We can only hope for one at the next upgrade.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Ask your SO what happened. Otherwise its obviously going to eat at you (since you've posted here) and there's no sense in letting it bother you. My guess is that his dad is a jack*** and your SO knows that when his dad is drunk that's its just better let him yell and ignore him.

*Note: Anyone that gets angry about pie is automatically a jack*** in my book.

That reminds me, I need more pie.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    I'm assuming your bf's father was upset that you brought the pie because you weren't asked to bring anything?

I've been in weird situations (usually with female family members) when I've brought a dish to a party and wasn't asked. It's seen as offensive to some. Not sure why. I live in the south and sometimes women get territorial when it comes to hosting and serving food. The more food the better, imo.

Chances are the father would have found anything to b!tch about. Your bf probably did try to defend you at some point but was unable to get a word in edgewise.

I wouldn't worry about it. But if you see a future with this guy, I would seriously think about what you're getting yourself into.

Interesting angle though we did agree at Thanksgiving this would be my contribution and the SO's father does all the cooking not his mother. ( I understand where you are coming from I was raised in the south then transplanted to New England...)

Thank you for your advice...I am thinking this over and thusly posting it here as part of my condsideration.. Right or wrong.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Um...

Erm...

Who gets angry about pie???

Right?

I know my girlfriend loves when I eat her pie.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

^Win!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    SMH
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Leave it alone...move on and never ever bring them pie again.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    SMH

Care to elaborate Steve? Just can't refrain can you?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Yep. If they can't appreciate your pie, just don't give it away.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

^Is what I said. Goes against my nature but I agree.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Never be associated with any family that yells about pie..ESPECIALLY pumpkin pie.

So...with that being said...

Just break up.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    If the father was drunk, and frequently gets drunk, probably the family tunes out whatever he's b!tching about and don't fight with him no matter what the subject. That's just what people do to ranting family drunks.

Probably the best answer here, IMO. Have you been around his father when he was drunk on several occasions? I have to assume your SO knows from experience that the best way to let things blow over is not to say anything at all. I'm sure it felt like some kind of betrayal, but he was probably watching out for you the way that would work out best for everyone involved.

Seriously, though, why not ask him? He's the only one who can give you the real answer.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    If the father was drunk, and frequently gets drunk, probably the family tunes out whatever he's b!tching about and don't fight with him no matter what the subject. That's just what people do to ranting family drunks.

Probably the best answer here, IMO. Have you been around his father when he was drunk on several occasions? I have to assume your SO knows from experience that the best way to let things blow over is not to say anything at all. I'm sure it felt like some kind of betrayal, but he was probably watching out for you the way that would work out best for everyone involved.

Seriously, though, why not ask him? He's the only one who can give you the real answer.

You're so right...I did ask him. He has no answer or, son't give one. I have never seen his father 100% sober. Which, at this stage of the relationship I am questioning why if my BF and I have talked about this why he didn't stick up for me or at least remind his father what was discussed as a family what was to be brought to Christmas.

Christ, I could have kept the pie for myself. It was spectacular and not deserving of a blowhard drunk for sure.

Thanks for your help, advice, concern and jokes everyone. Happy New Year!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

You're so right...I did ask him. He has no answer or, didn't give one. I have never seen his father 100% sober. Which, at this stage of the relationship I am questioning why, if my BF and I have talked about this, he didn't stick up for me or at least remind his father what was discussed as a family what was to be brought to Christmas.

Christ, I could have kept the pie for myself. It was spectacular and not deserving of a blowhard drunk for sure.

Thanks for your help, advice, concern and jokes everyone. Happy New Year!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

^Win!

^^Agreed!!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Your SO probably didn't want to make a scene/cause a problem on that special day.
    I wouldn't look to far into it.

You should always be able to stand up for yourself anyways.