WII

Options
So Im thinking about getting a WII and the personal trainer that goes with, has anyone used it and is it worth the it?

Replies

• prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The WII, YES it's worth every penny, I have both WII fit programs, and WII active mainly I use the biggest loser game. Been with it for 8 weeks now, it's a good workout for a beginner. My 19 year old son will even use it.
  • kimmere
    kimmere Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY WII! I HAVE BEEN USING IT SINCE DECEMBER, AND MFP SINCE FEB, AND I HAVE LOST 13 POUNDS!

it is actually addictive! I love everything about it, but I really use wii fit plus the most.
  • singcoz528
    Options
    I got bored with wii fit and wii fit plus pretty fast. My husband LOVES it though. I'd like to get some other active games and try them out though.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I actually just got a wii and bought the ea sports workout to do at home. It looks like fun and something to change things up as I need to. EA sports also just released a second disc of new workouts so if I like the first one then I'll get the second one as well.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I want to get Wii Fit, but I don't even have a Wii, therefore, I would be buying it mainly for the Wii Fit game (...mainly...). I was wondering if (you people that have responded), find it to be cardiovascular enough? I really want a workout that will make me huff and puff, and drip with sweat... Not strength training. Is that something that I will get out of the Wii Fit program? Thanks!
  • hateras
    hateras Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WII fit makes me sweat... I don't do the yoga or strength training but the Aerobic and Training games, will keep you going. I try to pick the exercises in sequence that will keep my heart rate up, etc..... I do a few balance games to warm up then do the step aerobics, rhythm boxing, island cycling, free run, etc.... then may do a few balance games to "cool down".

When I first started out I wouldn't break a sweat because I was on beginner level after about 1-2 weeks I had unlocked the advanced and expert levels - those levels will get you going.

I set my daily calorie goal for 230 calories to burn and get it done in about 35-40 minutes depending on the activities I select that day.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Great, hateras! Thanks for the reply and info!