No loss in 2wk

Options
I started out eating about 1340 cals (eating back exercise cals) and doing Strength/Cardio 3x a week with Pilates 2x a week. I switched my cardio class for cycling. I have not been doing any strength though (and i know i need to get back to that). I read the Road Map thread about a week ago and upped my cals to 1600 on rest days and 1800 otherwise. (not eating back exercise)
I had a few days where we were low on food (just before pay day) so it was a mish mash of food. Today was just an off day. Other than that, im trying to stay with good choices.

Thoughts? Ideas? At first I thought it was because i switched up the exercise but the scale still didnt move. Then i thought it was because i upped my cals but it still didnt move. I know the scale can go up and down but for 2 weeks?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It takes a month to six weeks to adapt. Give it time. Weight loss is not linear.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It takes a month to six weeks to adapt. Give it time. Weight loss is not linear.

Thanks, I didnt know that. Im assuming you mean 6wk from starting something new?
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Also increase your protein and water and track your fiber go for over 20g. If you burn more than 400 cals you need to eat more on those days to keep your metabolism up.
  • rubenacker39
    Options
    I agree with eatng more protein and cut way back on non-nutitional carbs. For a snack have vegetables. If you really want the scale to move you have to start choosing clean and restrict the processed stuff.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    At this time of year I think not gaining weight is a victory