let's get back on track!!

Hi all, I'm Kristi. Used MFP for a couple of years on and off and now I am back. Its been an interesting and hard year..i turned 30 then 6 weeks later had a full hysterectomy and did a little something for me and had a tummy tuck to take off the extra skin from my two blessings (age 10 and 4) I was able to reach my goal weight this year and was running up to 9 miles a week and was feeling great but now 3 months after having major surgery, I get to start all over! So I am back up and running on MFP and ready to get 2013 started with a bang!

Replies

• gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    One more big family meal for me, then down to business. Welcome and go get it!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    I'm ready to make 2013 MY year!! :bigsmile: Time to quit making excuses and just make it happen! The only person stopping me is me!! :grumble:
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member

forgot about the one more big family get together (new years) If winter hadn't decided to finally show up here I would go running first thing in the morning..but too cold!!
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    New today. I know how important tracking food is. I found this site this evening.

Two big challenges
    Eat a healthy meal at dinner and STOP. I think I will just have to go upstairs with a good Kindle book for a while to break this habit.
    Go GO to the gym. I do think about it!!! Normally I love to hike with my Rottie but I developed Achilles tendonitis as I played around with barefoot shoes and being barefoot all day!

Does anyone eat by themselves? How do you do it without the distraction of TV?

Hope to see you tomorrow.
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    I'm ready to make 2013 MY year!! :bigsmile: Time to quit making excuses and just make it happen! The only person stopping me is me!! :grumble:

Yea Guam! Me too! Starting today...

Just one thing... I don't think I will be logging my food online. Just an fyi. I've liked writting it down so much more. Plus I can fluctuate my calories from day to day as needed (I work nights.. so I need more calories for overnight days =D)

Starting off between 210 and 205. My goal is to lose 35lbs by August 22nd.

My short term goal for 12/27- 1/3 is to eat 12,600 calories or less (...a week) and record it in my notebook.
  • Hello! Yes I agree 2013 has to be better than 2012 in every way. No more sugar for me!
  • GoalByFifty
    GoalByFifty Posts: 97 Member
    I had a pretty rough past couple of weeks – but finally reset things yesterday, I welcome any new friends who want to reach their goals this year! It's mind over matter baby!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member

forgot about the one more big family get together (new years) If winter hadn't decided to finally show up here I would go running first thing in the morning..but too cold!!

Just layer up and once ya get moving you'll be nice and toasty!
  • calesmama
    calesmama Posts: 3 Member
    Keen to get going again - I have become a real intermittent user of MFP and keen to change that! Also very determined that 2013 will be my year to get back in tip top shape!
  • rai8759
    Goal by Fifty... love that cat.. is that a cat?
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member

Just one thing... I don't think I will be logging my food online. Just an fyi. I've liked writting it down so much more. Plus I can fluctuate my calories from day to day as needed (I work nights.. so I need more calories for overnight days =D)

My short term goal for 12/27- 1/3 is to eat 12,600 calories or less (...a week) and record it in my notebook.

Woohoo...back at it again Rachel! I :heart: it!! We can do this! Baby steps rather than trying to see the big picture tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • I'm back at it again too. Started tracking my food today since that is my big weakness and ready to get motivated.
  • rai8759

Woohoo...back at it again Rachel! I :heart: it!! We can do this! Baby steps rather than trying to see the big picture tomorrow. :bigsmile:

Thanks so much Guam!!

My week has been ok. I had a wedding this past weekend. Tried to eat right and not stress. The reality is that I have less than 35 weeks to lose a significant but realistic amount of weight (1 lb per week). That is what I tell myself when I want to eat like crazy. The first couple days are always the hardest for me.. its like my body is addicted to the crap I have been eating and it FREAKS OUT if I don't eat all the time. Eating small but healthy meals and trying to keep up with my food diary.

New years day will be a bigger calorie day since I'm working - 2100 calories I can spend today. Will try to work in a work out or two. It is so hard when your house needs so much cleaning and your little girl just wants to play with you!!!! argh! But I really can't drag this fat a** out on the beach in less than 35 weeks.. yikes!! Very motivating...