p90x calorie ? w/ HRM

Options
Hey there. I just got my heart rate monitor the other day and I used it for the first time for my 2nd week 1st day of p90x. I put in my gender and weight and did the hour workout with the ab ripper portion as well. My HRM showed that I burned 996 calories. That can't possibly be right! Does anyone have any suggestions on what went wrong? Or does this seem accurate? What does everyone else burn in that same time frame? (I'm a woman and 150 pounds)

THANKS!!! Kara

Replies

• mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Which P90X Workout? It depends, although 900+ seems like a LOT for any of the discs.
  • clothestoburn
    clothestoburn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. Just wondering is P90X difficult? I get very interested in it everytime I see it on tv, but then I get scared that I can't handle it.

If you hrm is correct, I may just have to get over my fears and purchase it.
    Good Luck
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the estimate is 600 calories per workout.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've burned 700-800 in one of the 60 minute routines, and then if you are doing abs on top, then it could very well been accurate! Good for you if so!!!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I burn 250-300 doing the Shred and that's like 25 minutes, so if you're doing something more intense for an hour...maybe? That seems pretty incredible though, are you just dripping sweat and totally exhausted at the end?
  • scarecrow41
    Options
    Since the Ab Ripper is usually done on days with resistance training I'm assuming you did it with one of the strength routines. If that is the case, its REALLY hard to get an accurate calorie burn on resistance training.

That being said, if you happened to the Ab Ripper on the same day as Plyo...than I believe it. Plyo can burn 800-900 calories if done hard.
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I did the push up day so it wasn't really cardio. Inoticed my HR was pretty much where it should have been the whole time, not too high or low. I really think that was wrong. I'll try and reset it and do it again tomorrow.

YES, p90x is hard, but a good hard. It just do what you can and hopefully build up. I noticed today I did more than I even did last week. I will 100% support this program so far. I'm doing it with my boyfriend, and his parents and sister and her boyfriend are doing it as well. All in different stages. I would chose to do it again in a heartbeat!

Thanks for all the responses!
  • dougsheldon
    Options
    I usually only wear my HRM when i do plyo or any form of cardio since those are more intense. But anyways the other day I burned 957 calories during the plyo workout. P90x is intense so it's definitely possibly to burn up to 900 calories doing 2 workouts in a row. everybodys different though and it all depends on how hard you push yourself during the workouts.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I only WISHED I could get a cal burn that high! Even plyo is only 496! I will check tomorrow and tell ya what my Chest-shoulders-tri's with the ARX says but I am sure it is less than half of what you reported! I wear a Polar F11 HRM !
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes please let me know! I just don't think it's possible to burn that much. I mean, I'm sweaty but not dripping or anything. Thanks guys!