Days that I don't exercise...

Options
are REALLY HARD days. :angry: I'm taking off today and tomorrow b.c. on Sunday I'm running a 5k...and at 1400cals...I just can't subsist on that with the foods I *choose* to eat.

Which leads me to the obvious conclusion...I need to change the types of foods I eat :grumble: :laugh: I KNOW I do. I just didn't realize how badly it impacts my caloric intake when I don't workout.

Le sigh

Replies

• GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    are REALLY HARD days. :angry: I'm taking off today and tomorrow b.c. on Sunday I'm running a 5k...and at 1400cals...I just can't subsist on that with the foods I *choose* to eat.

Which leads me to the obvious conclusion...I need to change the types of foods I eat :grumble: :laugh: I KNOW I do. I just didn't realize how badly it impacts my caloric intake when I don't workout.

Le sigh
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Have a great run Sunday! Hope you let us know how it went!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. That's why I work out at full speed as much as I can. Good luck Sunday, btw.:smile:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    If you can eat as many carbs today....we used to have past dinners the night before a big race and pancakes for breakfast....good luck with your race....my first one is in June..I am doing a 5K scramble...let us know how it went and remember to have fun!

dd
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Have a great day Sunday, you have worked hard for it. Let us know how it goes.:flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Have a good run. Hopefully the weather is better for you! It is raining here. :cry: so much for my run with my new outfit and shoes that finally came in the mail yesterday!
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    I live in Seattle...it ALWAYS rains here :wink: :laugh:

Thanks for the well wishes. I wish I could say I'm going to do well...but honestly, I'm not. With all the weight I've gained this year, my time just isn't going to be very good.

That's OK though, b.c. DH and I do this run every year, and now I have a new goal for next year!!:bigsmile:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Have a good time cousin! Remember that you walked a Marathon last year, you can certainly run a 5k no problem! And with all the weight you will loose this year, next year it will be a piece of cake! Next year I will come run it with you, I too will meet my weightloss and fitness goals!
    :drinker:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am from Spokane. Just stationed in MO right now. Wish I was back in WA though! It isn't important if you have a good time or not, just that you do it. That is why I keep making myself run lots even if it is slow, I figure after a while I will get faster without even noticing. I certianly have increased my endurance. Never would have thought I could go for 45 minutes straight! I would love to be able to do a half marathon... but I think I still have a ways to go there.

Have a good time!