CLA or Hydroxycut. do they work?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm reminded of a Simpsons episode where Lisa sells Homer a rock that keeps bears away.....
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    It must have worked. Homer never got attacked by bears!
  • AdamNH79
    Options
    This is about CLA or Hydroxycut, but what about Lipozene? does this stuff actually work as advertised?
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I used HC twice last year. They worked for me. I lost about 4 lbs the first time with diet and exercise. And about 6 lbs. the second time.

I have to ask, do you think eating well and exercising made you lose the 4lbs and the 6lbs? I think it's far more likely than any diet pill.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Hydroxycut CLA for 2 weeks now and have lost 7lbs with exercising and diet. Before I started taking them I wasn't really losing anything. I saw fast results with the Hydroxycut CLA!! I love them and would recommend them to anyone. I have no side effects whatsoever!!
    I used HC twice last year. They worked for me. I lost about 4 lbs the first time with diet and exercise. And about 6 lbs. the second time.

I'm noticing a trend here.
  • Minu135
    Options
    Just want to thank everyone for posting there comments, I get desperate sometimes and think a pill could help me reach my goals faster, but after reading your comments it just reminds me how bad this stuff is for you and I'll continue with my diet and exercise, thank you very much! :smile:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    think about this...IF there was some perfect pill that you could take an magically lose weight, wouldn't it be backed by the FDA and allowed to be covered on your medical insurance?

There is no "magic bullet" to weight loss. Why do you think they all say "This product MAY support a weight management or diet program that INCLUDES regular exercise and calorie restricted diet"

And so you know, I supplement my diet with CLA, but not for weight loss. It's benefit is more in staving cancer. Does it help with weight loss, I have seen added benefit in weight loss.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    If you want something to boost your metabolism try a teaspoon of cayenne powder every day.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut was awful. I actually liked green tea pills. Its just concentrated green tea

Don't forget to take a folic acid supplement because green tea inhibits its absorption, so you need more.
  • cynhip
    cynhip Posts: 33
    Options

I have to ask, do you think eating well and exercising made you lose the 4lbs and the 6lbs? I think it's far more likely than any diet pill.
    Yes, I think its just the diet and excercise. You are right.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    NO. none of that stuff works. would anyone be fat if that stuff worked?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 bottles of CLA a couple months ago and they seem to KIND OF work but im wondering if Hydroxy Cut really works? anyone know or has anyone taken them?

What is the side effects and the results?
    1% of your total bodyweight lost is attributed to supplements. So if you lost 10lbs, then .10 of a lb was the supplements' doing.
    Save your money. Calorie deficit and exercise is what always works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    sorry to bring up an old topic, but i was curious about this as well. when i recently started exercising on a normal basis, i grabbed a bottle of HC out of hope that it would give me some energy and maybe a jumpstart on burning up some fat. i certainly wasnt taking the recommended dose, as i would have run out after a couple days (i think once you ramp up youre taking 2 pills 3 times a day...yikes!) i was taking 2 about 30min before going to the gym, and that was all. i've been fairly pleased with my results, but i think there is some good advice and data in this thread, and i am going to stop taking the HC and i'm willing to bet that my weight loss continues as it is now.

thanks for clearing this up for me.
    damn those snake-oil salesmen. :grumble:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    After going through 2 bottles of CLA (which I got for about $10), I can tell you I noticed absolutely no difference in weight loss with or without it. Maybe it works, but if it does, the amount is so tiny it's impossible to notice. I'm not worried about losing out on $10, but I've seen that stuff for like $60 or $70. Is it really worth that much? I wouldn't do it. I'm not even spending another $10.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I took CLA for a few days and all it did was give me zits. Then I read all these horror stories... I'm back to good old fashioned clean eating and hard work now!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Just want to thank everyone for posting there comments, I get desperate sometimes and think a pill could help me reach my goals faster, but after reading your comments it just reminds me how bad this stuff is for you and I'll continue with my diet and exercise, thank you very much! :smile:

Yup, plus diet and exercise are, pretty much, free, make you feel better, and contribute to your health and wellbeing. You can't buy that in a bottle. Be patient and keep working hard.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I took CLA for a few days and all it did was give me zits. Then I read all these horror stories... I'm back to good old fashioned clean eating and hard work now!
    I didn't notice zits so much, but it definitely gave me the schlitz.
  • goodlifedan
    goodlifedan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think the information that is missing from this forum is that everyone's body is different. For example for the person who mentioned they have a thyroid issue now, your body doesn't lose weight easily like others some people can eat healthier than anyone and exercise everyday and still not lose weight. I am not saying go out and take Hydroxycut or CLA supplements but simply saying Eat well and exercise isn't really an answer for some people as well.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    G3arsBab3 wrote: »
    I have been taking Hydroxycut CLA for 2 weeks now and have lost 7lbs with exercising and diet. Before I started taking them I wasn't really losing anything. I saw fast results with the Hydroxycut CLA!! I love them and would recommend them to anyone. I have no side effects whatsoever!!
    cynhip wrote: »
    vperry23 wrote: »
    I used Hydroxy Cut (with caffeine) in the begining of last year 2011, and lost 17 LBS in 1 month with diet and excersise. I'm now trying the Hydroxycut with CLA, I'll be back in 4 weeks to let you know how this one works for me.

Maybe it could be the DIET and EXERCISE that is working and not the Hydroxycut?

I ate a cheeseburger and fries last night and was down 1/2 a lb this morning... must be the cheeseburger that helped me lose weight, not the 60 min workout or 17K steps or 1400 calorie goal?