Goal setting ideas

Tofuheart
Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering how everyone sets personal goals for weight loss? I want to start setting some mini goals but I don't know what would be a safe amount to go for or the length of time.

Thanks. :)

Replies

• Hi,

I've been told repeatedly and I've also read that the maximum you should be losing per week is 3lbs. Any more than that and your putting your body at risk. So if you want to set mini-goals, try for 3-5 lbs in 2 weeks, or something :)

Hope that helps :)
    M
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    When I started I went for 6 pounds a month. Now that I'm getting close to my goal I lowered it to 3-4 pounds per month. Know that the last 5 pounds will be the hardest to lose and hang in there.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    I'm trying for 2lbs a week but happy with ANY loss. my first goal is losing 40 lbs by my 19th birthday, at the end of may so I would need to be losing an average of 2 lbs a week from when i started to reach that goal. im not sure if i will but i'd rather reach for moon and land among the stars if you catch my drift. something is better than nothing. i also make cardio goals and weight training goals so that i push myself and get stronger and make progress with my work out.
This discussion has been closed.