Resolutions and Challenges for 2013

Hello all. What are your resolutions and/or challenges for 2013? On 1/4/2013, I have an appointment with a nutritionist and in 2013 my son and I are going to start running. I plan to push my new healthy lifestyle to the next level. How about you?

Replies

• I am going to find a way to fit my career, social life around my fitness/nutrition endeavors instead of doing it the other way around like I have been since 2011. Of course, keeping God at the center of everything.

Putting everything else first has not served me well at all.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    I am going to find a way to fit my career, social life around my fitness/nutrition endeavors instead of doing it the other way around like I have been since 2011. Of course, keeping God at the center of everything.

Amen- hoping I can do the same! Good luck and God Bless!!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    To push even harder, and get to one of my goals which is to jog a full 5k. I also want to focus more on my social life since I spend most of my time at work.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    1. Get back to my goal weight.

2. Stay as disciplined during maintenance as I do during a loss phase.

3. Increase muscle mass particularly shoulders.
  • jeep4james
    jeep4james Posts: 19 Member
    I am going to find a way to fit my career, social life around my fitness/nutrition endeavors instead of doing it the other way around like I have been since 2011. Of course, keeping God at the center of everything.

Very nice, it's easy to forget what comes first in this busy life. Good luck and God Bless.
    James
  • jeep4james
    jeep4james Posts: 19 Member
    2013 goals...
    goal weight, 190
    Century ride.. (100 miles)
    improve my time in the Volkslauf mud run (5k)
    Try hunting, (never done it)
    apply for CCW
    Vacation in at least one new place.

Thats pretty much it. March will be my 1 year anniversary since starting down the road towards fitness, looking forward to many more healthy years. ( and many less pounds!)
    Have a blessed 2013
    James
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    not to die is my number 1 lol, also lose the weight and keep it off, but mostly focus on me and imporiving my life
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    My 2012 goal was to end the year in better shape than I started and to run the Flying Pig half marathon (not my first half, but it had been 5 years). I succeeded on both accounts. So my 2013 goal is the same, except to run the Flying Pig full marathon. I may also try for a sub 2 hour half in there as well....we'll see.

Oh, and I almost forgot my big goals from last year and also for 2013 next. to make it through the year without meds or surgery for my Crohn's disease. This is a huge one for me and one of my proudest accomplishments from 2012, especially because it was an extremely stressful year including the terminal illness and death of my father.
  • sxymace
    sxymace Posts: 11 Member
    Strictly health-wise:

1. Hit my goal weight (hopefully by March, and then maintain from there)
    2. Start jogging/running (my ultimate nemesis no matter how much weight I've lost)
    3. Maxing out on an Army PT test for my age range (inspired by my soldier hubby!)
  • I don't do resolutions, but every year, I create a possibility for the coming year.

In 2012, it was "inspiring results" -- and although my goal was to lose 42 lbs, and I only lost 30, I still feel inspired by those results! Also, my mother and I started training to do a triathlon next summer, for her 70th birthday. Plus a friend of mine recruited people to re-launch a web site we started a few years ago!

For 2013, I'm creating the possibility of being unstoppable. :) I will lose those remaining 12.5 lbs (I gained .5 over the holidays), and I have several other professional milestones I'm going to be unstoppable in achieving.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    I just want my body to be back to ZERO flab!
    I also would like to be able to be able to jug/run a 5k (no walking breaks)
    Eventually I'd like to just complete a half marathon :bigsmile:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Trim the fat and gain more muscle mass
  • MuayThaiMaMa1
    MuayThaiMaMa1 Posts: 37 Member
    I would like to tighten/tone my body, get some abs going and avoid processed foods!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    I've signed up for a marathon in May. That's a big enough goal for me that there isn't much room for other goals at this point! I plan to reassess after the marathon :-).
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    To have ab, not necessarily a six pack just a muscular stomach.
  • These are all great!! Happy New Years everyone!!