Options
    Obtain adequate nutrition.and recovery
    Train hard and effectively
    Watch your stress levels
    Obtain results
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    took me three years of busting my *kitten*.... the first year I barely saw any progress.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    In addition to a good exercise routine, you need to get your diet in check in order to be shredded. You can't out-exercise a bad diet.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    You can't out-exercise a bad diet.

I've tried my best this year to do just that. Hasn't worked too well for me, but I continue to try.

I call it perserverance :D
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2ykhhAA0K1qke924o1_500.png
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I know for me sometimes I go through the motions without really pushing myself. As long as I'm pushing, I enjoy results.
    Keep a workout journal. Like a food journal, it keeps you honest.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Takes way longer than that, Just keep giving it your all and you'll get there! :)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i should really complain. It's been a full year for me.

but i feel a lot stronger and so i continue onward!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    took me three years of busting my *kitten*.... the first year I barely saw any progress.

I appreciate this post more than you can imagine.

I know for myself, I need to clean up the eating and push harder in the gym. That's the only thing I can do better. And not quit. EVER.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Its easy to get fairly cut in 6 months.. but from the get go you'll barely have muscle to show so it doesn't really look that impressive.
  • alanahbastion
    Options
    so my diet is pretty all over the place,i have a sweet tooth :/ and love carbs,iv been on 2000 calories a day because im breastfeeding so apparently you consume an extra 300 but weight loss has been to slow so iv lowered it to 1800,not sure how to unlock my good diary
  • alanahbastion
    Options
    i want no fat but want to look strong and have lean muscle so i dont look to thin but its such a fricking process of trial and error
  • alanahbastion
    Options
    and i have 2 kids and carry them both,and my shopping,i lift a fare amount at the gym :) no pink weights
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    What sort of exercises are you doing? Are you squatting/dead lifting?
    Are you constantly upping your weight once a set stops being challenging?
  • alanahbastion
    Options
    yes heaps of lifting and strength training etc,i think i have been lead to think its fast the results from the media as yous say and was getting a bit down about it,but now i know im going to keep working hard and lowered my calories upped my protein :) thanks guys and girls
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    so my diet is pretty all over the place,i have a sweet tooth :/ and love carbs,iv been on 2000 calories a day because im breastfeeding so apparently you consume an extra 300 but weight loss has been to slow so iv lowered it to 1800,not sure how to unlock my good diary

The breastfeeding might be what is slowing you down. For some women, it helps just melt the weight right off...for women like me, not so much. At least for my second and third babies, I seemed to cling to the last 10lbs or so of my pregnancy weight for several years!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It's a long and slow process. I wish it happened over night.

i thought I'd be jacked after like 3 months or so. (thank you fitness magazines)

2 years later, I realize I'll spend the rest of my life chasing goals.
    Yup.

Results do come, but they take a helluva lot of time and effort.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you are logging your results..... When I go to the gym, I keep a record of number of sets, weight used, number of reps. I keep challenging myself to do more EVERY SINGLE time! So - no, I am not Ripped - but I am stronger and stronger every day and I look pretty buff. But to be RIPPED, your % body fat has to be fairly low and this isn't realistic for most women.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tumblr_melf2rpFC61qdqp5uo1_250.jpg
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    then you need to take closer look at your nutrition, your macros. It is 70% nutrition, 30% workouts what makes your body.