school breaks

bexboo
bexboo Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Really disappointed in myself for last week, I find it so easy to get into a habit of going gym everyday when my 3 year old boy is at nursery, but find it almost impossible to one- find the time and two- the energy to go when he is at home for half term, does anyone else have this problem as now am worrying about the 6 week holidays x

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    I have a three year old as well, but i've explained to her that my time to exercise is my time. I have an elliptical at home so it makes it easier, though. Put on a video (for the little one) and do your thing and DON'T FEEL GUILTY!!!!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    My gym has free child minding for members - the little ones seem to have a really good time there and it's peace of mind for mom. If your gym doesn't offer that, there are lots of things you can do at home even including your son. Just the other day I saw a mom running and her child riding her bike beside her. That child was a little older; with a 3 year old on a trike it's probably more a walk :laugh:

Lots of workouts for home here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_videos.asp
  • I have no problems working out at home when it's just my 3 yr old at home. Our elliptical is downstairs, and i have toys down there specifically for that time. She is also a great cheerleader if a do a wii workout (or she will do it with me).

But come summer, i'll have my 3 yr old (she'll be 4 by then), my 6 yr old and 8 yr old will be off school for 2 months, and i'll be watching my neighbours baby (she will be a year at the end of summer).. So 4 girls 8yrs old and under at home with me and i have no idea how i'll get my workout in.
This discussion has been closed.